Chapter 2

On Monday morning Jack put on his best suit and got ready for work. He entered the bed room to find his wife asleep. Her hair was spread all over the pillow , her chest rising and falling in her sleep.She always took his breath away with her ethereal beauty.He silently moved towards the bed to kiss her. She suddenly opened her eyes and looked at him, smiling softly. He could never sneak past her. She got up and kissed him briefly. Before he could deepen the kiss, she ran to the washroom laughing at him.

She emerged 20 minutes later in her usual attire of scrubs and a white coat emulately pressed.She worked in the local hospital as a hematologist. She was a very competent doctor. She remained in her lab and worked around blood everyday.He wondered how she could even look at it so much. Not that he was afraid of blood mind you. She laughed softly as if she could read his mind. He wondered how he ever got so lucky. "It's a match made in the stars", she replied. He never said anything out loud.

She grabbed her bag and kissed him on the cheek and practically ran out the door. "I love you",she screamed at the door and left. She was in a state of euphoria today.
He could clearly remember the first time he saw Alice. He was out with his girlfriend walking down the street. When she ran into him literally. He quickly grabbed her arms to balance both of them. She was absolutely beautiful. With black hair , shinning blue eyes and red rosy lips.She smelt of roses and sandalwood. They were clearly having a moment when his girlfriend Sarah cleared her throat loudly. But they paid no attention to her. She suddenly yanked his arm back. Alice glared at Sarah as if screaming at her. Suddenly Sarah's mobile phone rang and she had to leave. She looked back at us. I was still holding Alice's arms. Sarah never contacted me again.
Alice and I regularly met up for dates. It was as if we couldn't stay away from each other. We were married six months laters in a garden