Chapter 3

Oh dear, Jack is getting smarter.My mate is always so perceptive. It
won't be long till he figures out my secret. I had been waiting for a century to meet him. I had nearly given up hope till I saw him with that blonde bimbo. I didn't even had to use my powers on him, he had eyes only for me. She went away burning with jealousy. Good for her or I would have killed her and drank her blood till her corpse was  dry like a paper. Nothing can stand in the way of the happiness of my mate.
Adrian Cain made that grave mistake. How dare he use my husband's idea for his own benefit. He had to die . I was following him for 2 days,  waiting to attack. In the end, he provided me the perfect opportunity. I just had to use my allure to bring him to the forest. I could have killed him in the trance. But I wanted to have a bit of fun. Like a cat playing with a mouse, knowing the mouse can't run away. I attacked him, drank his blood and destroyed his face in my anger. The police still thinks it was a wild animal who attacked Adrian . If   hunters track me,  my coven will inform me and we will take care of them.
My coven has been in this area for centuries always evolving with the humans. There are vampires in every department. We keep an eye on everything .We get a job,  pretend to grow old,  retire and leave. Then we change appearance and come back to the city as teenagers and acquire a new skill. I was a librarian , then a banker, then a teacher and now a doctor. I  wanted to challenge myself and be near the blood source .We don't usually drink blood from the humans. We have evolved to survive on human food. But we do still drink blood, usually from the blood bank. If a human starts to suspect anything then he can become our new food.
    Drinking blood from Adrian has given me a rush of ecstasy . Drinking diseased blood of patients can quell my thirst but it is not so refreshing. Fresh blood directly from neck is the best thing in the world. Its still warm not like that cold blood stored in bank. It tastes better as you drink it,the wonderful metallic taste. Gulping down your throat , filling you with immense amount of pleasure.
I will have to be careful at work today.I don't want to bite any humans. The  cleanup will be exhausting . Like the time when Laura bit a man in her office in front of everyone. Her boss called the cops. The dispacher Lee, also a vamp, informed the coven. We had to kill everyone and set the building on fire.Laura was so killed in the "accident".Seriously, some vampires have no control.
I reach the hospital earlier than usual.I park my car and walk towards the entrance. There is an ambulance in front of the emergency.The strong smell of blood makes me dizzy. This is way we don't drink before Monday. Today is going to be a long day.