Prologue

No one's POV

"What?!" The Devil exclaimed at the demon in his office. 

Redshade had enough with the alliance with Heaven and decided he could do a better job ruling. He only needed to get past the big guy himself. Then, he could go on with his plan.

"You heard me: I challenge you to a fight," Redshade emphasized, crossing his arms while doing so. "If you win, I'll stay out of your hair. It'll be like none of this happened. But if I win, as the law goes, I get to replace you." He smirks at the end of this.

"By "this", you mean the fact you almost started a war with all of Heaven, right?"The Devil clarifies, to which Redshade confirmed.

"Well then, Redshade, I believe you've struck a deal with the Devil." He said, raising his hand to be shaken, and it was.

Time skip

Everyone was there. Every single demon. You would think this caused Redshade to be nervous, but nope, it only brought confidence. The crowd was roaring, ready to see who would be victorious.

Eventually, the fight started and Redshade started offense right off the bat. His opponent was so shocked by this, he barely had time to counterattack. The crowd cheered as Redshade punch him into the ground. He was stopped, however from an easy win by being grabbed at the arms and thrown off. The Devil smiled wiped some blood from his mouth. This got the crowd to get louder. The Devil went running towards the demon and punched him hard in the stomach, causing Redshade to fly into a wall. Well, that would've happened if Redshade wasn't able to stop in time. He runs back to attack but is blocked. The fight continues for another half hour or so, the crowd going wild, before Redshade landed the final punch and won.

Later at the ceremony

Redshade stood in front of the same demons as before, the same ones cheering him on, except this time their silent. The former Devil raises his right hand and asks Redshade to do the same. "Repeat after me," he instructed. "I, Redshade." Redshade repeats it. "Do swear that I'll uphold Heck to all the glory it's known for." He said for Redshade to repeat, which is. "And under no circumstances will I make LeLarona the Devil." He looks confused as to why, but goes with it and repeats it. The now demon turns to the audience and says "Demons of Heck, I now introduce you to the new Devil: Redshade." The audience cheers in approval. Redshade feels a great future coming for him, and when he catches sight of Austin, he knows exactly who to have it with.

(Hey, just want to say that LeLarona belongs to a friend of mine. She's not on here so I can't say "go give them some reads" or something, but I do still have to give credit, so thanks for letting me use your character as a reference.)