r a i n b o w

'' the way i see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.''

~ dolly parton

this quote is so, so true. if you want the good things in life, you need to put up with the bad things, too! every person goes through bad things. there is no 'anarchy' of who goes through worse things. even if you only go through a few bad things, they still count. no matter how bad it was, even if it was just one bad day, they still count.

and you're going to have to go through them, no matter if you like them or not, because you never know what's going to happen next. 

if you happen to have a fall out with a friend, you might meet a new one, the friend you'll have for the rest of your life, that same day. if someone leaves your life, you might meet a better person the next day. if you lose all of your money, there is still a chance you could win millions later.

so even if something looks really bad, just remember that bad things are guaranteed to happen. i believe that the only things that really are going to happen in life are death and bad things. they happen to everyone, sooner or later. 

but you can't see the good things without having already seen the bad things, because then you would never even know that they were good things. they would just blend in with everything else.

so if you're going through something hard, just remember that it is going to happen. you can get over this. the end result will be better, even though it was hard getting there.

if anyone needs to talk, i'm here! ❤