| 4 | • Saudade •

Present Arc

(Y/n) POV

"(Y/N)!?!?!?" I heard multiple people calling my name.

'Finally I got out of that stupid scroll.' I thought. I looked around to find Izumo, Kotetsu, and Kakashi. Lord Third behind me. They all looked ShOoKeD.

"Where have you been!?"

"Why did you just poof out of a scroll?!

Kakashi was silent out of pure shock.

Questions were being thrown at me left and right by Izumo and Kotetsu. "Calm down guys!" I said. "One question at a time, please!?"

"Me first!" Screamed Izumo. "Where have you been??"

"I've been on an S Rank mission, but I can't explain the details..." I responded.

"Now me." Kotetsu said. "Why did you just....come out of a scroll."

'Speaking out me coming out of the scroll, I need to tell Lord Third about Orochimaru right when were alone.' I thought. 'They can't know the truth, this has to stay a secret from everybody else.' I mentally sighed. "Well it was better than walking so I used my summoning justu so my wolf could get me home faster." I lied.

Kakashi POV

'I can't believe it...' I thought. 'She's back; it's been so long since I've seen her. I've missed her..'

(Y/n) POV

"Okay, okay.." The Third started. "That's enough. Izumo, Kotetsu go back to the gates. Kakashi stay here, once I'm done talking to (Y/n), I will give you your information."

"Yes My Lord." Izumo and Kotetsu said with a bow. Then they left.

"Now, please tell me the information about this mission." The Third Hokage said.

"Well," I started, "Orochimaru is planning on attacking the village. He's looking for something called, his 'vessel'. It seems he needs to switch bodies in order to live. Once he attacks the village, he's going to get his vessel while doing so. He's going to attack soon, when we least expect it. We have to be ready, My Lord."

InTeNsE dRaMaTiC lOnG pAuSe.....

"I see.." The Hokage said. "We have to prepare; but for now, we should focus on this generation. If Orochimaru switches from body to body to live longer, then he's most likely to go after a young child. We need to keep this generation safe, and protect them. Now for you Kakashi, the information on your students are here." He handed Kakashi a scroll.

'So Kakashi's a Jounin watching over some Genin...' I thought.

"It's been a while since you've been in the Leaf Village, so I'll have Kakashi show you around. The Leaf has changed." The Hokage said. "Your dismissed."

We bowed to Lord Hokage, and left out of the room. ( Or the Office???) Right when we got outside of the room/office Kakashi hugs me.

"I've missed you so much," he started "I've been waiting to see you for so long."

I was kind of shocked at first, but I missed him too. "Maybe after we finish the tour you and I can hang out like old times?" I asked.

"Sure." He responded.

We started the tour. The Hidden Leaf has definitely changed and it's more modern. I like it. It brings back so many memories. Once the tour was over, Kakashi and I decided to get some dango and ramen. We went to Ichiraku Ramen Shop.

"Oi! Teuchi! It's been a while! I've missed your Ramen!" I said once we came to Ichiraku.

"Oh?" He started. "(Y/n), is that you? Glad your back! How was the mission?"

I went on explaining the chaotic mission until our Ramen was done.

"Thank you for the food!" Kakashi and I said in sync. "So, are you glad to be back?" Kakashi asked trying to start a conversation.

"More than glad. I've missed everyone here; all of my friends." I said. "The Leaf has developed too, I see. I'm sure I've missed out on a lot of stuff that must've happened while I was gone."

"Nothing much has happened. Guy, Asuma, Kurenai, and I have all became Genin leaders. It's like babysitting a bunch of wanna-be ninjas." Kakashi said with a following sigh.

"It can't be that bad. After all, who knows, maybe they'll become legends. So, what are they like?" I asked.

"Well..." he paused. "There Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke Uchiha, and Sakura Haruno. Naruto is nothing but a fool. He wants to become the greatest Hokage, but he rarely has talent, in all honesty. He hates Sasuke, and Sasuke hates him. The kid doesn't really have friends, but overall he's basically just annoying most of the time."

"Then there's Sasuke. All he ever talks about is revenge, and being better than Naruto. He's top of his class, and, of course, the last of the Uchiha Clan."

'Oh yeah, the massacre.' I thought.

"This makes him a skilled prodigy. But, he can be a jerk." He finished.

"Lastly there's Sakura. I don't know much about her. She isn't strong, and she's one of Sasuke's fangirls. But, she's smart and knowledgeable." He said.

"Well, that's an interesting team Kakashi." I said.

"Yeah, for sure." He responded. We finished our ramen, and headed to the best dango shop around. We ordered 6 dango sticks. 🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡. Once we got our dango, we ate while talking a little more.

"Not to ruin the mood or anything, but how are you holding up?" I asked Kakashi. "You know what I mean; Obito Rin and Sensei...?"

Kakashi let out a long sigh. "Well I've been doing better than I was back then in the Anbu. I've learned to rather accept their deaths than to just sit around, waiting to die." He said.

"I see. Well, that's good." I responded.

We finished our dango, went to the Yamanaka flower shop, to the graveyard to pay respects to our loved ones. After that Kakashi walked me home.

"Thanks Kakashi, today was really nice being able to spend time with you and all." I thanked him.

"Yeah same here." He said.

With one last hug, I went inside my apartment.

"What a long day. It's good to be back."

Kakashi POV

"Saudade, (Y/n)-chan"

1002 Words