05. Efforts

[name]'s ears perked up and she looked at Zenitsu who was looking up to the ceiling of the cabin they were in. Panic thoughts were running through [name]'s hearing and she could only try her best to focus then. She then slowly motioned for them to split up, and [name] ushered Tanjiro to go along with Kyojuro.

"Akane-san," Tanjiro whispered out, only for [name] to place a finger against her lips as the sound of the Upper Moon ceased. [name] could feel the atmosphere getting heavier as she slowly brought out her nichirin blade.

The ceiling of the cabin they were in gave way as the upper Moon Three jumps down right at the spot where [name] was standing.

"AKANE-SAN!" they yelled out, only to have the dust clearing, revealing [name]'s nichirin blade struck right in the middle of the Upper Moon Three's neck, causing his yellow eyes to widen in surprise as he didn't expect himself to be attacked in such a fast pace.

The demon soon noticed [name]'s presence, and his eyes widened slightly at the sight of her.

"You," he whispered out, and [name] wondered why did he call out to her.

"Akane-san, get down!" Sanemi yelled as he lunged then, only to have Akaze easily dodging the attack, causing [name] to nearly be in Sanemi's attack range, which he had to pull to a sudden stop in order to not cause any injury on the Shadow Hashira.

[name] then stood up and ushered Sanemi to the back, together with the other Hashiras. Standing right in front of them instead in a protective manner as she wields her nichirin blade in her hand and took a stance.

"What's your name?" [name] asked, and Akaza's eyes widened a little at the way [name] had spoken to him. Despite facing a demon, let alone an Upper Moon Three, she still used kindness in her voice to speak to him.

"Akaza," he muttered out, and [name] could only smile then.

"A pleasure to meet you, Akaza," and Zenitsu looked at the Hashiras, asking them if [name] was crazy, only to have a punch directly in his face by none other than Sanemi for calling [name] crazy.

"Move aside old hag, I'm here for the kid with the hanafuda earrings," Akaza muttered out, and [name] could only have a smile remaining on her face as her eyes were shut then. Giving a terrifying sarcastic smile worst than Shinobu's.

"DID YOU JUST FUCKING CALL HER AN OLD HAG YOU PIECE OF SHIT?!" Sanemi yelled, only to be held back by Giyuu as [name] had her hand out.

"Old hag? Did you seriously call me an old hag?" [name] asked with the sarcastic smile on her face still and Akaza could only blink in confusion then.

"You're not old? I thought you were the oldest Hashira," he commented, and almost immediately did [name] used her leg and slammed down on his head, causing him to bend down harshly in response at the sudden attack.

"Old hag?! Mind you, show some respect to your god damn eldest," she spat out as she continued to harshly use her leg and slam down on Akaza, causing his head to get buried in the flooring of the cabin, which then the Hashiras and demon slayers could only watch in horror then.

How she was smiling and hitting Akaza in such a manner.

"Fucking old hag!" Akaza yelled, only to have his fist sliced off in a quick manner which his eyes could only widen then as Kyojuro had come to retrieve [name], knowing that she was about to be attacked.

"Don't touch Akane-san, please," Kyojuro said with an enthusiastic voice and a wide smile on his face as well. [name] then felt herself being pulled back in a protective manner by Giyuu and Sanemi, and she could only have on a slight pout then.