09. Love

"Akane-san! Akane-san!" and [name] hummed in response as she turned to look at Mitsuri who came running up to her, like a bundle of joy and cuteness she has always been. [name] then turned away from the garden before her and turned to look at the Love Hashira who was present before her then.

"Akane-san! I really miss your cooking!" Mitsuri whined out as she latched herself onto the Shadow Hashira who could only laugh a little in response then. [name] then hummed a soft tune to herself and looked at Mitsuri once more.

"I'll cook for you later once the meeting is over, okay?" [name] asked with a smile, and Mitsuri could only squeal in delight then. [name] then laughed a little as Mitsuri started to massage [name]'s aching shoulders. She could only wince a little whenever Mitsuri managed to reach the spot where the tension was held together the most, only for [name] to soon relax then.

"How has Haganezuka-san been, ever since he moved here?" Mitsuri asked, and [name] could only laugh a little then as she remembered, the first few days when the swordsmiths moved into the estates that were provided for them to reside in as they carry on with their diligent work.

"It was hectic. Oyakata-sama allowed Hotaru-kun to live with me, but then again. With him living with me, means none of you can visit often for food, or a little tea session," [name] said with a smile, and Mitsuri soon slumped over as her arms were placed on [name]'s shoulders, dangling from it.

"That's just sad, I managed to come to see you today because I saw Haganezuka-san going out with Kotetsu," Mitsuri mumbled out and [name] could only laugh in response then.

"It's not that he doesn't welcome you all here. It's just he isn't used to having a huge crowd around me. Whenever we are at Swordsmith Village, we are always alone. Nobody would be around us, this is why he is rather uncomfortable. But he's trying, I can hear it," [name] said with a smile as she turned to look and laughed when Hotaru quickly hid.

"There," [name] said with a smile.

Mitsuri's eyes then widened when she noticed Hotaru was holding his hand out and was carrying boxes of what seems to be bento boxes. Mitsuri then walked over and carried the bento boxes with ease, opening it, only to have her eyes widened as Hotaru quickly hid behind the door, and have his head peeking out.

"Haganezuka-san! You're so nice!" Mitsuri squealed as she proceeded to chase after Hotaru, wanting to give him a bone-crushing hug, for Hotaru, had bought sakura-mochi for Mitsuri and [name], knowing well-enough about the Love Hashira due to [name]'s stories that she would often write to him in letters.

"[name], stop her!" Hotaru yelled out as he proceeded to run out of the Shadow Estate with Mitsuri chasing after him still, and one could see the little heart shapes floating out from Mitsuri as she really wanted to hug Hotaru.

Then there was Obanai who saw what was going on, only to have an irk mark on his forehead as he gripped his nichirin blade. A sudden chuckle was heard and he stopped gripping his nichirin blade as he turned to look at [name] who stood beside him.

"Don't need to get riled up, Obanai. Mitsuri is trying to show appreciation to Hotaru-kun, but he doesn't want any," [name] explained and she laughed as she could see the slight pout coming from Obanai from behind his bandages.

"Message! Message! All Hashiras to report to the Ubushiyaki Estate! A meeting will be held in 5!" the crows started to flutter around and give out orders, and [name] could only laugh then as Hotaru came running to her and hiding behind her, whereas Mitsuri could only whine at how Hotaru didn't want to let her hug him.

"Come on, we need to go to the meeting," [name] said with a smile and she laughed as she could hear Hotaru's complaints and she turned, pinching his nose slightly.