06. Reminisce

"Mou? Akane-san went to the swordsmith village?" Mitsuri pouts out as she was seen sitting on the patio in the courtyard. The Hashiras could only chuckle then as they looked at Mitsuri, the one who was the closest to [name] in terms of emotions.

Given how she was the Love Hashira after all.

"Since she can't participate in training or missions, might as well let her spend some time with Haganezuka-san," Shinobu commented, and the Hashiras agreed then.

"A pity though, if I didn't know her age, I would have asked her to be my fo-," only to stop when Sanemi slapped a hand over his mouth as everybody got onto their knees then, for Amane had arrived with Oyakata-sama as well.

"You're all as lively as ever," Oyakata-sama said with a smile, and Amane gently helped Oyakata-sama in sitting down properly before the Hashiras. They started to tense up a little, given how they each held high respect for Oyakata-sama. A chuckle escaped his lips then as he spoke in a soft voice.

"Do you all want to know about the story of how Hotaru and [name] met?" he asked, and with just that question did everybody relax and started to sprawl out, ready to hear a story as if it was a bedtime story.

As if they were still children.

Well, maybe except for Muichiro who is still baby.

"I'm so excited about this!" Mitsuri squealed out as she got comfortable right next to Shinobu, and Oyakata-sama could only chuckle then as he tried his best to remember, how it all happened.

"This is the swordsmith village," Shinjuro spoke out as he had brought [name] together with him, given that she needed to have a look at the swordsmith village, after all, her blade was rusting a little after not using it for quite some time.

"Ah, Rengoku-sama! A pleasure to have the Flame Hashira to come and drop for a visit. Is this the new demon slayer?" the chief asked, and his eyes could only widen then as he took a good look at [name].

"Aren't you..." he whispered out.

"Yes, she is Hiroto's daughter, [name]," Shinjuro introduced, and somehow was taken aback as the chief was crying a little then as he ran up to [name] and hugged her tightly, causing her to tense up.

"You look like him!" he cried out, and [name] could only start crying as well. The thought of missing her father, along with how scared she was as well. Shinjuro then sighed as he quickly pulled away from the chief, and Sakonji went to [name] and wiped away the tears that ran down her face.

"We need to get her blade polished, it's rusting," and the chief nodded his head.

"We've got someone who is taking care of the swords that Hiroto created," the chief spoke out and soon guided the Hashiras together with [name] who was holding onto Sakonji's uniform from the back, a little afraid then.

The sound of the swords being scrapped was heard, and [name] had to cover her ears a little which Sakonji could only chuckle at as he patted her on the head. Then they arrived at a small hut, and [name] slowly stepped inside.

Her eyes then widened at a young man who was busy polishing some nichirin blades that were brought back. A deep scowl on his face still, despite the fact that all swordsmith must wear their mask.

But the vibe given off by the man before her, [name] knew, he was rebellious.

"Hotaru, how many times do I have to say to put your mask on!" the chief spoke out and smacked Hotaru on the back of his head, causing the swordsmith to stop in his work and scowl in response.