one.

A/N: Make sure you read the story description before starting reading chapter one, it will give you some context :) I hope you like this new story! Check out my other story FRIENDS if you haven't already :D.

It was early morning and Olivia was in a car on her way to the British Agency where she was meeting the team she was going to be working with on the mission.

She had arrived in London the night before and spent the night dreading today's meeting. She had never worked with the British Agency, but from what she heard from other agents, they were the worst of their kind. The Agency had headquarters around the world, and out of the thirty seven Agencies out there, the British one was known to be the hardest to work with. They had very traditional methods and did not like being teamed up with other agencies. The mission had not even started that it was already doomed to be a struggle.

The black Range Rover pulled up in front of a modern skyscraper in the middle of London, and the two men wearing black suits and an earpiece each, sitting in the front exited the vehicle before opening Olivia's door. They escorted her to the building and all three of them entered the elevator after passing through security.

- The package has landed and is being delivered, one of the two men said, pressing on the earpiece in his ear.

The girl couldn't help the roll of her eyes at the sound of the bald man's comment. "Does that guy think he's in a movie or something?" she thought to herself as she looked at the two men guarding the elevator's door in front of her.

- The package has a name, she said but gorilla #1 and gorilla #2 remained silent.

When they reached the 45th floor, the elevator's doors finally opened to a huge open space with hundreds of people running around everywhere, or looking at enormous screens working on multiple missions. The set up was a little different from what Olivia was used to. The British Agency seemed more modern than the American one, with a lot more advanced technologies. Baldie started walking out of the elevator and into the corridor, while the other man waited for her to exit it before following her. Everyone seemed to stop whatever they were doing to turn around and look at the trio as they made their way through the open space, until they reached a double door. Baldie knocked on it and waited for someone to tell him to come in before opening it. He invited Olivia in and left before closing the door behind him.

- Bye to you too, Olivia said as she looked at the now closed door before turning around to see six pairs of eyes looking at her.

She wasn't expecting to be surrounded by so many people as soon as she arrived, but didn't show any surprise. She had been trained to hide her emotions, and had become an expert at it.

- Good morning agent Miller, the middle aged woman who sat at the head of the long boardroom table said as she stood up from her chair.

Olivia instantly recognized her as Mrs Thompson, Head of the British Agency. She politely smiled at her while Mrs Thompson indicated her to take a seat.

- Thank you for coming in such short notice, Mrs Thompson added as she sat back down.

"As if I had a choice in the matter." Olivia thought as she continued to smile at the lady, feeling all eyes on her.

- We've been told you are the best in your field, she continued, making one of the four boys sat in front of Olivia to refrain a laugh.

The girl frowned at the brown haired boy who was looking at her with contempt, but decided to ignore him. She was representing the American Agency and couldn't lose it on the boy not even two minutes in.

- That's correct, she said, looking straight at the boy whose smirk had now disappeared.

- We wouldn't have expected the AA to have sent us anyone else than their best agent, Mrs Thompson said, clearly making an effort to speak well of the American Agency. Let me introduce you to your team, she added as she stood up from her chair and started walking towards the dirty blond guy sat closer to her. This is agent McVey, she said, making the boy wave two fingers in Olivia's direction. He knows everything there is to know about technology. He will be your ears and eyes during the mission, along with agent Ball here, she said as she moved to the next guy who gave Liv a small smile. Those two can hack into any security system in the world. Then we have agent Evans, she said placing her hands on the blond haired guy's shoulders. He's specialized in weapons, and will be supplying you with everything the team needs while covering your back. He's also our best sniper.

Olivia almost let a chuckle escape her lips at what the woman had said. "As if I need protection, and especially from those British fuckers." she thought to herself while displaying a polite smile on her lips.

- And finally, we have agent Simpson here. He will be your direct partner during the mission as only the two of you will be working front line.

The boy, later identified as Brad, remained silent, his gaze focused on Olivia.

- Just like you, he is our very best agent, Mrs Thompson added. Those guys know what they're doing, and I trust you do too.

The disdain in her voice was subtle, but not subtle enough for Olivia not to catch it.

- They better know what they're doing, Liv said, still looking at Bradley who was radiating with contempt towards her. Our asses are on the line here.

Mrs Thompson nodded, and they moved on to talk about the mission. The middle aged man sat next to Mrs Thompson who had stayed quiet since Olivia had entered the room introduced himself as their main contact at the BA, and started listing the mission objectives and deadlines.

At the end of the meeting, they all knew their roles and exact agendas for the mission, and there was no space for screw ups. Mrs Thompson adjourned the meeting, and they all left the room, Olivia making her way to the elevator, followed by Baldie and his gorilla friend, ready to get away from the floor full of miserable British rats who were whispering to each other as she passed by them. "Why didn't I bring a rifle with me?" she thought to herself as she entered the elevator. "I'd totally get promoted for erasing the British Agency from the face of the earth", she thought and smiled picturing herself shooting a bullet straight into the brown haired boy she was stuck with as mission partner's face. And as she thought about the joy killing the British boy would give her, he stepped into the elevator right before the doors closed. He entered and turned around to face the doors in silence. The elevator started going down, way too slow in Liv's opinion.

- Let me guess, daddy got you the job? the boy said without even turning towards Olivia and completely ignoring the men accompanying her. You know it takes more than a pretty face to be a field agent. No wonder why the AA is falling behind if you're what they consider their best agent.

Olivia was stunned at the confidence coming from Brad. The BA really did deserve its reputation it seemed. But Olivia was not one to get easily intimidated, especially not by the British.

- Remind me how many failed missions the BA had last year? she asked, knowing exactly what would tick the boy.

And as she thought, he remained quiet.

- That's what I thought, she said as the elevator approached the ground floor. But don't worry, I'm here now. You don't need to be scared, I'll protect your ass, she added as the elevator's doors open and she made her way out, closely followed by gorilla #1 and gorilla #2 who escorted her to the car before driving her back to her hotel.

The team was leaving for Russia first thing in the morning, and she needed a good night of sleep to be at the top of her game the next day. The idea of spending the next few months deep undercover with Brad and his team of jackasses was giving the girl murderous thoughts, but she was a professional, and knew she had no choice but suck it up until the mission was over. Hopefully they were actually good at their job, and she would be out of freezing middle of nowhere Russia in no time.