seventeen.

The first thing Olivia heard when she emerged from her sleep was faded voices, as if her head was underwater, blocking the sounds. It didn't take long for the pain to come rushing back to her as she gained consciousness, a frown quickly appearing on her face, frown that she regretted instantly as her face felt like it had gone through a shredder. She slowly and painfully opened her swollen eyes, her dry mouth dying for some water.

- She's awake, she heard someone say before seeing Connor appear next to her. Wow, easy there tiger, he added as she tried to sit up on the bed.

The moment she put pressure on her arms to sit up, she felt a bolt of pain rush through her body again. She gave up on the idea of even moving as four boys appeared around her bed.

- Liv, Tris said as he leaned over to hug her only to see the frown on her face and abstaining himself. Oops - sorry, he said as he took a step back. We're so happy to see you awake.

Olivia tried to speak but the dryness of her mouth wouldn't let her.

- Here, Con said as he brought a glass with a straw to her lips.

She didn't hesitate a second and drank the entire glass, her body feeling like the Sahara desert.

- Anderson, she said, faintly when she could finally talk.

The boys looked at each other.

- He's dead, Brad finally said.

Flashes of memories suddenly hit Olivia. She killed her friend. And despite knowing she had no other choice, she couldn't help but feel responsible and guilty. He wasn't the man she thought he was, but he was a good person at some point in his life. Because he made some wrong decisions shouldn't mean he deserved to die.

- The mission, she said, trying to sit up once more, only to give up again at the pain. Where are we? We need to go back to Russia bef-, she added before Brad cut her off.

- Forget about the mission, he answered as he walked around the bed to get closer to Liv. You almost died, Miller. The mission doesn't matter right now.

Olivia looked at Brad next to her and could see worry and relief in his eyes. She wasn't used to seeing him look at her that way.

- What happened to you, Simpson?, she answered before coughing, worrying everyone around her. I'm fine guys, she continued when she saw their reaction. I've lived through worse, she added, not making the boys feel any better. How long have I been out?

- A few days, James answered. They gave you enough morphine to kill a horse.

- Who's they?, Olivia asked as she took a minute to look around the room.

She was in a small room that was definitely not a hospital room, despite looking like it. She had enough experience in the matter to know that she was in one of the Agency's 'clinics'.

- Where are we?, she asked again.

She knew that if they were back in London, there were high chances her mission would be cancelled. She couldn't let that happen.

- Guys, can you give us a minute?, Brad said to the boys who nodded and left the room.

- What's going on?, Liv asked Brad who was looking at her with sorry eyes. Simpson!, she exclaimed as he wasn't answering, making her moan in pain.

- Bloody hell, will you calm down for a minute, Brad finally said. You fucking almost died there.

- You're not answering me, Liv said, knowing full well it meant bad news. They're taking me off the mission, aren't they?