nine.

The first thing Olivia noticed when she woke up was the shirtless body lying next to her on the bed. She stared at the deep asleep boy by her side, his brown curls falling on his forehead, and couldn't help but find him attractive. He looked so peaceful, and relaxed despite the hole in his shoulder, his chest moving up and down to the rhythm of his breathing. When she realized she was staring at him, Olivia quickly forced herself to look away and laid on her back, looking at the ceiling. She couldn't let herself get distracted from the mission, and especially not with a British agent. She had a rule, and was going to stick to it; never get attached to a partner, no matter how attractive they are. At that thought, she decided to get herself busy in an effort to think of something else than the agent's naked torso, and slowly got off the bed, trying her best not to wake him up. As soon as both her feet were on the ground, a deep growl escape her lips at the pain in her ankle. "Fuck", she said to herself as she remembered her injured ankle. She looked down at it and noticed it wasn't as purple as the night before, which was a good sign; she might not have to cut her own foot after all.

- What happened? she suddenly heard Brad ask, and turned around to face him as he struggled to sit himself up on the bed using only one arm.

- Nothing, Liv answered while she tied her hair up in a ponytail. How did you sleep?

- I've known better, he said, passing his hands in his morning hair. You move a lot in your sleep.

- I told you sharing a bed wasn't a good idea, the girl answered, refraining an eye roll. But you're welcome for staying warm though.

Brad chuckled at her comment, but didn't bother answering anything.

- Who's Lucy? he then asked, moving on from the subject.

The american agent froze at the sound of what he had just asked. "How the fuck do you know about her" she thought to herself as she stared at Brad in silence.

- Where did you hear that name? she asked, trying to read her partner.

- You mentioned it in your sleep, he said before grabbing his sweater covered in dry blood from the floor, not without wincing. Sister? Friend?

Flashes of memories came rushing back to the girl, taking her back to that fatal day. Lucy was a couple of years older than Olivia, and quickly became her mentor after they got partnered together. She had more experience than the brunette and taught her everything she knew about the job, how to get it done as effectively and efficiently as possible while preserving her mental health. She was the one who taught her how to mentally escape while having sex with a target. As the years flew by, Olivia got attached to whom she soon considered like a sister. They were sent on mission after mission, spending every single day together, travelling around the world to take down their targets. They had become their Agency's best team, and weren't afraid of anything, or anyone, almost feeling invincible until that one day. The Agency had sent them to Colombia to infiltrate a drug cartel. The girls had been deep undercover for almost a year, and were about to take down the entire network when Olivia got caught looking through one of the target's computer. In trying to protect her partner, Lucy killed the man who had caught Liv, but was seen by two other men and tortured before being killed. Olivia got extracted from the mission the next day and sent back to America. Despite the years that had passed, the brunette could not forgive herself for what happened to her friend, the memories haunting her night and day.

- Never say her name again, she answered as she looked straight at him with killer eyes.

Brad knew not to insist, and remained silent.

- Can you walk? she then asked him as she grabbed her boots before sitting down on one of the two chairs around the table to put them on.

- Yeah, I'll be fine, Brad answered as he looked at the bullet wound underneath Olivia's shirt bandage. Can't say as much of your artwork here.