nineteen.

The team had arrived in Russia a few days ago, going against the orders their bosses had given them. It didn't take long for their Agencies to track them back to Russia, but after careful consideration, they had decided not to interfere with the team's plan. And it was a good plan, on paper. The first part had worked, and agent Simpson was back on Well's side as Leo, while agent Miller was at the hospital. She couldn't simply go knock on Well's door after almost two weeks away and covered in bruises, so the team came up with an idea: fake an attack and have Wells find Olivia at the hospital. Brad had asked Wells about her and after being told that his men looked everywhere for her without success, he simply told him he found her and that she was at the hospital. Wells hadn't questioned his head of security and had him drive him to the hospital as soon as he learned the news. When they arrived at the hospital, Wells ignored the nurses who told them visits were over for the day, and rushed to Olivia's room, followed by Brad and a couple more of his men. He softly knocked on the door before entering the room, Brad on his heels while the other two men stayed in the hallway.

- Elizabeth, he said, not able to hide the surprise in his voice when he saw her bruised face. What happened? Who did that to you?, he added as he reached the bed and gently brushed his hands on her cheek, making the girl wince.

- Russel?, she answered, faking surprise perfectly. Wha- what are you doing here? How did you-, she started to add before he cut her off.

- Why didn't you tell me you were at the hospital?, he asked as he sat on the edge of the bed.

- I- I didn't want you to see me like this, Olivia answered, feeling Brad's stare on her.

- Who did this to you?, Wells asked again, his jaw clenched.

- I don't know, Olivia answered. It was dark and I didn't see their faces.

Wells stayed quiet for a second, his eyes scanning every inch of the girl's face. He was clearly upset to see her like that, to both agents' relief. Their plan was working.

- When you are leaving here?, he asked after a moment of silence.

- Soon, the girl answered. Tomorrow maybe?

- I'm taking you home tonight, Wells said as he got off the bed and turned towards Brad. Get the car ready, we're leaving. And take care of the staff.

Brad nodded and left the room.

- What?, Olivia said. I can't leave like that, there's-, she added before Wells cut her off again.

- Yes you can, he simply answered. I'm not leaving you here for another night. You're coming to my place. I'll arrange for medical staff to come check on you there.

Olivia stared at him, stunned. She didn't think he was that attached to Elizabeth, but couldn't be more pleased as it meant she'd have access to his office a lot quicker than expected.

After threatening the medical staff to blow up the hospital if they didn't release Elizabeth, Well's men escorted the couple back to his mansion. Olivia tried her best to hide the surprise on her face at how much of a gentleman Wells was being with her, and how much he seemed to care about her. It was very unusual for her targets to act like that, most of them being selfish, cold-hearted jerks. What else can you expect from murderers and drug lords?

When the car parked in front of the villa, Wells helped Olivia out and into the house, followed by his security team. Seeing their target touch Olivia and act like he owned her was making Brad's blood boil. He hated knowing what she had to do for the mission. He tried to convince himself he was mad because of his morals, because a girl shouldn't be forced to have sex with someone, even for a job. But the truth was, he was jealous. He wanted to be the one undressing her, the one whose lips touched hers, the one making her scream.

- Leo, go run her a bath, Wells said to Brad who nodded and left in the direction of the in-suite bathroom. How are you feeling, Krasotka?, he asked Olivia as he gently grabbed her face in his hands, and brushed her cheeks with his thumb. I promise you I'll find whoever did this to you.

Olivia faked a smile. She knew he wouldn't be able to keep his promise. The men responsible for her state being already dead.

-You're safe now. I won't let anything happen to you ever again, he added before planting his lips on Liv's.

The girl couldn't help but think of Brad's lips while Well's kissed hers. She remembered the feeling she had had in her stomach when he kissed her in London. Why did he have that effect on her? He was an annoying and condescending prick, why was she attracted to him? She had tried to fight her growing attraction, but ever since he kissed her, his lips had been all she could think about.

- Bath's ready, boss, Brad said when he arrived in the living room where Wells was kissing Olivia.

-I'll take it from here, Wells said as he detached himself from Liv. Why don't you take the night off, he added and Brad nodded again.

Leaving Olivia alone with their target was the last thing he wanted to do, but he knew he didn't have a choice. She was more than capable of handling herself, but knowing that she wasn't at the top of her form was worrying him. Would she be able to fight back if anything went wrong?

- I need to have a word with Leo, Wells suddenly said, making Brad realize he was still standing next to the couple, staring at Olivia. You know where the bathroom is, make yourself comfortable, I'll be with you in a minute.

Olivia smiled and gave Brad a quick glance before leaving for the bathroom. Wells took a step closer to Brad, making the later freeze. Could he tell how bad he wanted to kiss Olivia? Was he about to get fired for even looking at her?

- I need you to find the bastards who did that to her, he said, a quiet sigh of relief escaping Brad's lips. Bring them to me, alive. I'll make them regret laying a finger on her.

- Yes, boss, Brad answered, his heart still beating abnormally fast for thinking he blew up their mission because of his attraction to the AA agent.

When Brad had left, Wells joined Olivia in the bathroom where she was lying in the bathtub, her naked body covered in foam. He stood there, still, simply looking at her in silence.

- Is everything okay?, Olivia asked, worried something went wrong.

- Even covered in bruises, you're still the prettiest woman I've ever seen, he said as he sat on the edge of the bathtub.

Olivia faked an embarrassed smile.

- You know, when you disappeared like that, he started to say, looking straight at Olivia. I thought you played me. You wouldn't be the first one. What was a first though, is how bad it hurt this time.

Olivia stared at him as he talked, holding her breath, not knowing how the conversation was going to end.

- I don't think I've ever fallen that hard for anyone, he added as he grabbed Olivia's hand in his. I hope you know how much you mean to me.

The American agent didn't answer, and instead placed her hand on his neck and pulled him towards her to kiss him. Their kiss quickly heated up until Wells joined Olivia in the bath. She was tired and still in pain from the attack in Paris, and having sex with him was not something she wanted to do, but she had no choice. She needed his trust to finish her mission. And as his fingers were playing with her core, she started questioning her life decisions. Was that what she was going to do for the rest of her life? Why did it bother her so much all of a sudden? She had always managed to escape her mind in those moments, and stay focused on the mission. But today was different. Today she wanted to be far away from this house. She wanted to be with someone who knew the real her. She wanted Brad. So for the first time, she didn't force herself to escape, and instead, pictured Brad with her, careful not to moan his name.

And there went her number one rule.

You guys, the moment you've been waiting for is coming next week!! Can't wait for you to read the chapter 🤗❤️. Thanks for your patience! And for loving this story as much as you do! It wouldn't be what it is without you and I'm so grateful 🥰