OH➡️MIA

Born and raised in Cleveland Ohio, I've always been a small-town girl with "big dreams" the saying 'skies the limit' is really what I live by.

I just graduated from the University of Akron with my degrees in Business Administration. And, I double majored in psychology. Here I am now, heading to MIA with big dreams and determination. I'm going to open my own business, I've saved up since I was 13 for a storefront, working odd jobs, babysitting. This was my dream and I knew what I wanted.

My parents are what you'd consider "Hippies" I don't like that word because the connotation that comes with it can be negative, but I Alina Burrows. Am determined to change how people view "Hippies" which is why I'm going to name my business "Bodacious Hippies"

I've been flying back and forth between Miami, and Ohio for the past year and a half now. Luckily my professors were very open to me traveling. Since I was a business major opening my own business a lot of my "homework" was to check in with them.

I've saved a mass amount of money and lost out on a lot of things some teens, and people my age would consider your golden experiences. But I know what I want. I graduated from high school and a year early. So I finished college at 20. I'm a homeowner in Miami, and my business is going to open very soon. And I can't wait to see what this city holds for me.

"Hey, Tia... What's up?" I ask answering my phone groggily.

"I just wanted to check on my sister, I won't see you every day anymore. You're moving so far."

"Tia...it's only a 17-hour drive"

"Don't try and be funny Alina, I'm serious. I'm going to miss you."

Tia is my little sister...well not so little anymore, she's in her junior year of high school, she and I have always been thick as thieves, her and I against our parents.

"T, you know you can come visit any time. You have a room at my house. I miss and love you, but I have to pay attention to the road, I'm almost to my house. I'll call later"

I end the call with Tia and soon arrive at my not so new house. My grandma used to live in my now new home I'm moving into before she passed. We'd always spend summers with her, while my parents were back in Ohio, she left the house to us, and my parents wanted me to have it, I was honored and I'm so happy to have something so sacred.

"This is home now

"This is home now."

Whenever I would come to Miami I'd set and decorate small things around here and there in the house, I thrifted most of my furniture excluding my bed, everything was pretty much set for me, commuting between Ohio and here was a lifesaver, everything was homey before it was officially home.

I'd been driving all day and I'm so exhausted, so I just going to sleep, tomorrow I have to meet with the contractor for my business.