My Night

"A, how excited are you for tonight boo!!!!!!" Melody called me yelling in my ear like a mad woman.

Tonight is the night for my private practices grand opening. I couldn't be more elated. One of those 'pinch me I'm dreaming moments' except in no way was this a dream. This was my reality.

Educated, black, and a business owner! This was what I've dreamed of for I'm not sure how long. I wasn't sure how I'd get to this point, but I knew I would.

"Good morning to you to Mel." I chuckle. "I keep telling myself to wake up, but I keep trying to remind myself this is my reality."

"It sure as the fuck is, and I couldn't be more happy!" She makes a kissing sound to the speaker.

"Catch it bitch"
"Mel I-"
"Bitch catch my kiss or I'll slap you when I see you."

I took the kiss from the phone and reciprocated the noise. While rolling my eyes at her antics.

"Happy?"
"Very, now what's on the agenda At this moment?"
"Well in about an hour I've got to go pick up Tia from the airport."
"Oh. My. Gosh. MY BABYYYYYYY!!!!!"

I move the phone far...far away from my ear, while I let Mel do her screaming match with herself, one yell after another.

"You done?"
"Almost...AHHHHHHHHHHH, okay done. Sorry. We just all 3 haven't been together in years. Our time is much needed."

Tia, Melody, and I were always together. When Tia and I would come down to Miami in the summer time to visit with our grandma.

We'd sleep out in the backyard and star gaze, go to the park in the middle of the night. All three of us experienced a lot firsts together.

"Okay Mel, I'll see you tonight, I'm gonna get up and get my day stared."
"Okay baby, I'll see you later."

After showering and getting myself together, I move around to tidy up my house so it'll be nice and clean for when Tia arrives. My baby sister. I love her. She'll be staying only for the weekend, but that is enough for me. Anytime spent with her is.

I make a quick breakfast opting for avocado toast and water, I head out the door and am on my way to the airport.

I send Tia a quick text letting her know I'm outside the terminal, and whenever she's ready to look for my car.

As I sit and wait I scroll through my Snapchat stories, posting a quick boomerang of myself.

Just continuing to do miscellaneous scrolling on my phone to pass the time, Tyler sends me a text.

Plastering a fatass smile on my face I type a response back. After reading his message.

"What's got you smiling all giddy?" "Tia!! How are you sis?"

"Tia!! How are you sis?"

I get out from the drivers side to rush her with a hug.