Whipped

"Yes, you can just put that over there Harry, thanks."

I've been at my business front all morning getting it together. I've put so much blood, sweat, tears, and money. Into this. If you would've asked me 5 years ago where I'd be...I definitely wouldn't have said here.

But a Masters in Psychology, and about to have my grand opening of my very own private practice. I could pinch myself. As I stare into my full circle moment.

Watching the contracts move across the floor, getting the reception area set up was the last thing. I personally have been super hands on. Painting, helping lay the floor. This is MY business. So I wanted to work on it. Not just in it.

"Order for Alina Burrows." A Boy that doesn't look any older than 17 comes into the store holding 5 bags.

"Yes! That's me."
"$55.02" I hand him $70
"Thanks boo, keep the change."
"Wow...thanks. Have a good day."

"Okay, everyone. I got us some food. I want to say thanks for all the hard work, and my constant bitching. I just really appreciate all that's you've done."

Everyone pretty much bum rushed me at the sound of food. And the sound of bags shaking.

"Thanks Alina, for all of this, and it's so nice to work with someone that appreciates our work, and is so involved with it."

We all continue to eat and converse. I even invited them to my grand opening. Speak of. I need to plan it.

"3 more suicides, if one of you is late, this whole team is late, ain't that right Mr

"3 more suicides, if one of you is late, this whole team is late, ain't that right Mr. Butler,"Coach yells at us

"Yes, sir." Jimmy answers out of breathe.

After we finish our death of a workout I'm making it a point to lay into Jimmy's grown-ass.

He knows how strict coach is on time. Especially during the season, summer league he's a bit more lenient, but he be chewing our asses up with these three a days."

"All right boys that's all for the day, go shower, you all smell...and look like shit."

Once we're back in the locker room, I hop right into the shower then sit in the ice bath, pulling out my phone.

Jimmy gets in the bath next to me sighing in relief as he submerges himself into the water.

"Cut that sighing shit out." I say not diverting my attention from my phone

"I know you not still mad, the hard part is over. We did the practice, now we relax." Jimmy says laying back closing his eyes.

"It don't mater dude, this is the 3rd time yo grown ass done been late, I'm not running no more three a days for you, you got this whole team fucked up."

I look around at all my teamates, some were laying on the bench, others on the floor, some were throwing up into the trash cans.

"Jimmy you gotta get yo head in it."