The Re-Up

In the midst of staring at her, I begin to cough from the burning liquid going down my throat.

"Oh my God! are you okay?" She asks circling around the bar, she holds out a bottle of water for me to take.

I take it into my hand and she rubs my back as I drink it.

"Yeah I'm good, I'm not a big drinker"

"Me either, but when I do, I always can hold my liquor."

"Oh you got jokes." I say with a smug smile, drinking more of my water.

"Y'know...I have to keep you on your toes." She says with a wink walking to the back of the yacht.

I follow behind her quick as hell, like a puppy dog. A fly to shit, if you will.

She sits on the nose of the yacht where nobody is, I qucikly spot her and make my way towards her.

"So how long you been In Miami?"

She looks at me and tilts her sunglasses down with a smug smile.

"What?" I say with my hands in defense "I can't know?"

She chuckles.

"Miami is like my second home really. This is the first time I've been back in a long time, but this is where I'm pulled, so this is where I'll be. This has always felt more like home than Ohio, probably because of my granny"

"Pulled?"

"Mmmhmm the universe has a way of...leading you to places."

"Or people." I retort

She laughs and looks the other direction.

I'm just thinking 'damn like this girl is so pretty.' 

The entire time she's talking, the way her voice sounds, how she gets happy when she talks about small parts of home. Or how when I start talking she holds that intense ass eye contact, never breaking away giving her full attention.  

"So what about you? you're livin' the life"

"I guess...I mean I'm grateful and all, but I'm still tryna figure myself out, I'm only 20. Most people don't make it to my position this young."

She looks at me and perches her eyebrow up.

"I ain't mean it like that, I'm just saying, this is definitely a big step for someone so young."

"Yeah, I understand, like you feel you constantly have something to prove, even though you've already solidified your position, which is how you got here, but you feel you have to keep proving yourself. to show you deserve it."

"Yo, have we met before?" I say with a smile. But I was actually being deadass.

"Perhaps in your dreams." she giggles.

"I'm a psychologist." She says shrugging her shoulders.

Alina and I continue to talk for the rest of our trip on the water. I can genuinely say, I have never vibed with a female so fast. 

Like the conversation just flowed. and she really on that intellectual shit, Like higher thinking type shit. She had me questioning everything I know, one topic just lead right to another, I don't think I've had converstaions tat deep with my family.

we'd been boating for hours but with my time spent with her it literally felt like minutes.

Soon her friend comes to where we're sitting.

"Hey boo, I hate to steal you but, I'm tired, and you need to rub my back."

"Mel why do I always have to rub you're back" Alina says taking off her glasses.