Just Checking...

I woke up this morning with a foggy mind. What that tarot reader said really had me tossing and turning all night.

"Check" Jimmy throws the ball directly into my chest and I fall back.

"Oh shit Tyler, boy where is yo head at." Jimmy rushes to help me to my feet.

"I'm good man it's just last night when Alina and I went to that tarot reader...she just said somethings."

"Said some thingsss...." he motions his fingers around each other telling me to continue.

"Like, she said I need to watch out for people not everyone ridin with me."

Jimmy lifts his head looking at me as if I'm dumb.

"I coulda told yo rookie ass that." He chuckles. "We're in a profession that comes with distractions, and snakes. It's part of the job. More so than others."

"I really haven't thought of it like that."

"Of course you haven't...you're a rookie." He says shrugging and taking the ball from my hands.

"Now let's go before coach make us run because you can't catch a check."

After practice, we get into the locker room and my mind is clouded from last night. Too much happened.

"What's got your mind?" Kendrick asks sitting on the bench next to me.

I look at him then back into my locker to found my shirt.

"It really probably nothing for real. I think I'm just trippin."

He looks at me sideways.

"If it's got yo faced scrunched like that it is in fact...nothing for real."

I contemplate for a moment telling him or not. Granted Alina isn't my girl...yet, but I really can't pry into her life. So I really don't want to look clingy. But Kendrick is levied headed plus this man is damn near married.

"Okay, bro." I shut my locker and sit on the bench next to him slouching.

"Dang it must be bad..." I look at him and roll my eyes.

"So the other day when we went to her lil opening. There happen to be this dude there. Spider or something like that."

"Spencer." He corrected.

"Yeah, whatever anyway, he had told me him and Alina had a lil past which I'm not trippin because he, not me. But at the same time if you're willing to come back and expect her to mess what him or whatever he was thinking...how do I shake that?"

"Look T, Alina is an attractive girl. So regardless of if it's Spencer of some other random. They gone try to get at her anyway. You just have to accept that. I definitely had to. When Tasha and I first started dating, allllll these dudes were coming out of the woodwork, and I was like what the fuck? But worry about you, remain consistent in y'all relationship. Don't jump to conclusions. And if it's really worrying you, just talk to her about it. She seems super understanding."

"Yeah." Was all I could say.

He laughed patting my shoulder then walked away.

I mean he is smart. I didn't really think about it like that. But it's up for that Starlight guy. I should talk to her about it. Just to make sure we're 100% on the same page.