5

~Hey you. Yeah you. Black lives matter.~

James was sitting with the Marauders the next day. Remus and Sirius were back to being friends, at the very least. They were still working out whether or not they were going to be together.

James sipped his pumpkin juice as he thought about his date. It was a little hard to focus over the sound of Sirius and Remus arguing.

It was Wednesday, after all.

"I just. . . I don't want you to go," the alpha said.

"Its just studying," Remus responded quietly.

Sirius whispered back, "It isn't, it's a study date. She stares at you all the time."

"Sirius, I can't just bail," he said as he poked at his food.

"Are you scared to?" He asked softly.

Remus didn't respond.

Arya Smith sat down next to James, smiling, "So, are we still on?"

"Of course," James smirked as he slung an arm over her shoulder.

Lily watched from a distance, eyes averting from them.

"I told you he didn't like me," she muttered to Alice.

"She isn't good for him," Frank said, "remember what Alice said?"

"That Arya said I was a bitch and didn't deserve him?" Lily said, "and then Arya confined it when I asked her? Yeah."

"She said you didn't deserve him because you're a, 'mudblooded beta, and he's a perfectly good pureblood alpha,'" Frank clarified.

Lily looked at him, "What?"

"Arya is no good for him," She picked at her food, "you are good for him."

Lily was stunned. She knew that there were Purebloods who hated muggles in Gryffindor, but she thought that the surplus of muggles and purebloods who supported them were enough to keep them quiet.

"We have to come up with a plan," Alice said, "if we can get her to say something bad about muggles, then-"

"I'm not going to do that," Lily said.

Alice studied her for a few seconds, "If you insist."

James removed his arm from Arya's shoulders, starting to eat again. Arya talked about a book that she liked, and James tried to follow along with the story while listening to Remus and Sirius quietly whispering to one another.

Yes, he was nosy but these were his children.

He nodded at her, "Sounds interesting. I'd say don't spoil it for me, but I'm probably never going to read it."

Arya started laughing, "Aha! James, you're so funny!"

"Thanks, Arya," he blushed, averting his eyes as he thought to himself.

Despite the fact that he looked like a jock, he wasn't. He didn't want an omega to praise him at every step of the way. She had been talking to him all day, and while he appreciated the new friend. . . that's all he could take her as. Besides, he couldn't stop thinking about Lily. . . or a certain little omega named Regulas.

"So, what are you into?" She asked.

James gave a side smirk, "Quidditch. All Potters love Quidditch."

Sirius rested his head in his hands, staring at Remus as he gently pried, "Well, at least tell me what you're studying."

"Padfoot, please," he said, "I don't want to talk about it."