𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐: 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐞

Hannam The Hills, Seoul

10:00PM

Roseanne's POV.

After Taejoon left I decided to try and get some work done. He left about two hours ago and I was still staring at a blank page of a Microsoft office word document trying to think of something to put on the page. If I could just think of the first sentence I knew more would come to me. But I couldn't think of anything, apart from Lisa and the realization that I may never see her again.

I took sip of the coffee that I brewed with my Keurig single-cup coffeemaker, as I continued to stare at the blank page.

I covered my ears with my Beats headphones. Then I shuffled through my playlist on my computer hoping to find inspiration with good music. I was spinning in my chair humming the words to Beyoncé trying to deflect my thoughts from affairs and Lisa and marriage.

What's so wrong with extramarital affairs anyway?

The fact that I just asked myself that question only proved how addicted I already was. If I thought hard and long enough I could almost smell her. I could almost hear her deep voice calling my name. I could almost feel the weight of her body. I could almost feel her carved muscles beneath my fingertips. I could almost taste her on my tongue. Almost. But almost wasn't good enough. Almost wouldn't give me the satisfaction I needed. Almost wouldn't bring her to me.

Or would it?

I could feel the sensation of a spider crawling up my spine. I could feel her presence, and when I opened my eyes there she was. The familiarity of her stature, her smell, her mannerism hit me like a ton of bricks. I registered her facial features that were chiseled like Adonis. She was dressed in snug jeans, a navy blue polo, and a blazer. The sight of her in my apartment stopped me cold.

I shoved off my headphones and glared at her without speaking. I didn't yet believe that she was actually in my apartment. I distinctly remembered locking my front door after Taejoon left. How could she have gotten into my apartment if I hadn't opened the door for her?

Maybe I was so whipped that I was actually fantasizing her in my apartment.

"It's good to know that you're in a good mood," she said. She obviously saw me humming and spinning in my chair.

Despite her attempt to remain unaffected, the rage burning in her eyes as she spoke was a dead giveaway. "I, on the other hand, have been enraged since about nine o'clock last night. When I got a text message that shocked the fuck out of me."

She pulled out a chair on the opposite side of my desk and sat down resting one leg on top of the other.

"What do you mean you don't think we should see each other anymore?" She rasped.

Oh, my god.

She was actually in my apartment. This wasn't a figment of my imagination.

What the fuck?

"How'd you get in my house?" I asked astonished by how curtly the words fell from my mouth.

"When you didn't answer after I banged on your door for over ten minutes, I found your spare key."

I got angry. "What if I wasn't home? What if Tae took the day off? What would you have done then?"

She had no right breaking into my house just because I didn't answer the door. Where does this woman get the fucking nerve?

"Frankly, I don't give a fuck if he were here or not. You put yourself in that position when you thought you could send me a text message to shoo me away."