𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟑: 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐥

Lisa's POV.

"You're the woman responsible for wrecking my daughter's marriage." It's a rhetorical question. Or that's how I decided to treat it. Can't beat my eventual father-in-laws ass can I? "Mason Park." He held out his hand and I shook it firmly stifling the urge to break it.

I hated that I admired the strength behind the handshake. He raised Roseanne on his own for most of her life I have to admire him for that.

The fact that he favored her doesn't hurt much either. He had more gray in his facial hair than in the photos I saw of him earlier and more wrinkles. He must've changed out of his police uniform because he was now dressed casually in a plain T-shirt and jeans with a dog tag around his neck.

We settled in the dining room around the dinner table surrounded by mounds of seafood, corn on the cob and potatoes. And a few bottles of wine which I was more than grateful for. I didn't know what this evening would bring but I knew it wouldn't be a walk in the park.

Mason loved Roseanne fiercely and he wasn't thrilled about handing her over especially not to someone like me. Yeah I could agree I wasn't that charming. And most of the time I said what I was thinking which a lot of people didn't appreciate. But whatever, I am who I am. I loved his daughter and would protect her from anything and everything including myself. That should be the most important thing. Not my fucked up history.

I rested my arm over Rosie's chair, finding comfort in the barrier I was trapping her in.

I shook hands with Chanyeol, Chaeyoung's brother, who cuts his eyes at me as he shook my hand following his dads lead. He was dressed similarly but with tattoos covering most of his arms and a lot more muscle.

Not nearly as much as me but he wore it well. Sitting next to him was the mother of his child, Tiffany who was the first to greet me with a smile since Chaeyoung's mom. There was a baby on her hip, sleeping peacefully against her shoulder.

She had rich brown hair like her mom, with chubby features and a complexion a lot warmer than her mothers' more like Chanyeol's and Roseanne's. I noticed someone unfamiliar slipping into the seat opposite of me. He didn't look like family and I didn't remember Rosie mentioning having two brothers. I looked to Rosie for answers but Mason spoke first, "This is Byungmin. He and my daughter dated back in high school." My body tensed.

I was smiling but my teeth clamped down hard on each other. I shook his hand sizing him up. From what I know, his relationship with Roseanne didn't go far. Taejoon was Roseanne's first serious relationship but the fact that he had any part of her invoked murderous feelings in me.

She squeezed my thigh under the table and I relaxed. I covered her hand with mine as I searched his face taking in his appearance.

He had more of an edge than Taejooon. Decked out in leather cut, his black curls tucked under a slouchy cap and facial hair peppered along his jawline. He seemed more like me than Taejoon, and I don't know how to feel about that.

But the fact that there isn't a woman sitting next to him is sending the wrong damn message to my ass-kicking alter ego.

When everyone was seated and introductions were behind us, we settle into a comfort silence as we devoured our meal followed by small talk. Eventually, Tiffany left the table to nurse the baby, Claire cleared the dishes while Chanyeol and Byungmin gathered near Mason like some army ready for combat against a common enemy - Me. The man who stole the heart of the woman they all loved. I was glad she had men that care that much but I wouldn't hurt a hair on her head.

"Sweetie, you want to help your mom with the dishes?" Mason asked Roseanne.

"No," she said simply. She was smart enough to know that her father wanted her out of the way so he could intimidate me without her bearing witness. Instead, she moved in closer threading her fingers with mine to show him we are united.