𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟖: 𝐆𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭

The Signiel Seoul, South Korea

12:00PM

Roseanne's POV.

"Will you let me in?" Lisa asked. The sincerity was clear in her pleading voice. I held onto the lock wondering whether or not I should grant her access.

Despite all the evidence telling me that I should leave Lisa alone all together, I couldn't. She deserved a chance to tell her side of the story. I unlocked the door and as she walked in I told her: "I can't handle anyone lying to me. If you want me, you have to be honest. I understand that talking about your past is difficult but I have to know."

She nodded. "I understand."

"Who was he?"

She exhaled a big puff of air. "My mother's boyfriend."

"Why'd you hurt him?"

"Because he hurt my mom," shee grumbled looking everywhere but my face. "And me."

"How?"

"He hit her."

"....and he hit you?" I asked.

She shook her head. "I wish I were lucky enough to just get smacked around." Lisa fought a cryptic giggle as she looked around. "You're staying here?"

"How did he hurt you?" She was dodging my question but I couldn't let her. I moved toward her and stroked her cheek. She leaned into my hand for a second before pulling away.

"I thought we agreed that you were staying with me."

I raised my brow. "I never said that. How did he hurt you?"

"There are some things you think you want to know but you don't. You can't handle it. And I can't handle telling you."

I folded my arms and plopped on the bed in defeat. "Who are you to tell me what I can and can't handle?"

Lisa shut her eyes before she let her head fall back against the wall.

"All you need to know is that I didn't kill him, and that he's serving time in prison for what he did to me and my mom."

"How long were you in prison?" I asked her.

"It was a juvenile detention center."

"How long were you there?"

"Eighteen months?"

"For murder?"

"It was self-defense. I couldn't afford a lawyer back then. The court appointed an overworked and underpaid public defender who could barely remember my name."

"How did he hurt you?" I asked softly.

"I don't want you living in a hotel." She said pretending she hadn't heard me. "I have a vacant apartment not too far from here. I'll take you to see it. If you like it you can stay there."

"Thank you." I stood and kissed her once on the mouth.

I appreciated her generosity but I needed to know what she was hiding from me. Not knowing was making me crazy.

"I don't want to ask my father to dig up your records but I will."

"I'll tell you when I can. I promise." She muttered gliding her thumb over my mouth before pushing her lips against mine forcefully. The taste of her and the remembrance of the happenings that morning left me powerless. I shut my eyes, trying to ignore the sensation building in my belly.

I pulled back. "You can't use sex to win a disagreement every time." I complained halfheartedly

"How much you turn me on isn't fair?" She confessed. "You have me in the palm of your hand."

I smirked.

"When are you leaving for ?" she asked.

"After I speak with Jungkook."

A cunning look spread across her face.

"I've got a wager you may be interested in."

I arched my brow inviting her to speak. "I'll tell you everything you want to know. Everything. If you take me to meet your father."

My stomach dropped.

"We've already talked about this." I said.

"I've taken that into consideration but I need this."

"Why?" I asked. "Tell me why you need to meet my father so badly."

"Bringing your father into this relationship makes us official. Roseanne, I need you to factor us into your future. He might be the one person that can help."

Reassurance.

She wanted to meet my father to assure herself that she had a future with me. "Lisa, I love you. We're good. I'm with you. I chose you."

"I know," she whispered.

"But....?"

"....but I need more."

"Okay." I groaned. "You can come with me but I'm telling you now; prepare for the worse."

The way her lips spread made my stomach warm in a beautiful agony.

I flinched when I heard a knock.

"Baby?"

"Jungkook?!" I called enthusiastically when I opened the door and spotted my best friend.

Jungkook threw his arms around me squeezing the breath out of my lungs.

"You must be the notorious Lisa. It's nice to finally meet you." Jungkook said acknowledging my girlfriend who up until that moment looked displeased to see a handsome man like Jungkook hugging me.

"Same here." Lisa replied in a voice that said she didn't mean what she spoke.

She was wearing an expression that said she wasn't sure what to think about my friendship with Jungkook. Almost like she wanted to kill Jungkook.

I nudged Lisa almost inconspicuously with my shoulder.

Lisa looked at me. "What is he doing here?"

My face scrunched up dumbfounded by her reaction. "I asked him to meet me here so we can have a drink. With everything that's happened we haven't had much time to spend together."

"I haven't had much time with you either."

I narrowed my eyes. "We spent time together this morning."

"Mm-hmm," she mumbled her eyes turning ice cold. "Just enough time for you to have an orgasm."

"I'll be outside," Jungkook uttered before excusing himself.

I folded my arms. "What the fuck was that?"

She shrugged. "I hate this. We're together but it seems like I never get your undivided attention."

"It's been twenty four hours. Twenty four fucking hours since I left my husband. I'm trying to prioritize my life. Spending time with my best friend is yet another priority."

"And I'm not unless you want an orgasm."

"Fuck you.Goodbye."