Chapter 1- New Member

A/N: Sorry, but most of this story is in 3rd P.O.V. AlSO, sorry that this story may be a little too fast and cheesy.

It was like any other normal day in Xandar. People walking the streets in harmony, children playing, friends getting together, and a giant tree man drinking from the city's fountain again.

Lianna giggled and said, "Ok, Groot, I think you had enough water." She put her hands on Groot's shoulders and directed him away from the fountain. She sat Groot back down on a bench and gave him a bottle of water. "If you need water or anything just ask me, ok?" Lianna said. Groot nodded, and proceeded to figure out how to open up the plastic contraption. Lianna giggled again and helped Groot out.

"I am Groot." He said.

"And that was a thank you?" She asked. Groot nodded his head and she smiled at him.

"WHAT!?" Lianna knew only one person that was able to yell louder than Groot; Rocket. She went over to the trading booth that Rocket was at to see what's going on, and she hoped it wasn't another fight.

"Look here, buddy." Rocket was standing on the counter with his arms crossed. "I gave you a Marconian mineral that's worth about twenty to twenty-five units, and you gave me ten!"

"Sorry, bud." The trade merchant said, "The mineral has a huge dent in the side which, therefore, lowers the price."

Rocket squeezed his fists. He whipped out his plasma gun and pointed it to the merchants head. Rocket growled at him and was about to pull the trigger when he felt someone put their hands on him. He whipped his head around and saw it was Lianna, standing there and looking at him like he was in trouble.

"Let me handle this." Lianna said. Rocket obeyed her and lowered the gun down. The merchant was still shaken, but relieved.

"Here's the deal, buddy." She stated, putting her elbows on the counter. "That mineral costs precisely twenty-five units and you have given him ten units. Why is that?" Her voice was straight and definite, making the merchant feel uneasy.

"B-Because there is a large indentation on the side of the mineral." He stammered.

"Then how about this..." Lianna reached into her satchel and pulled out a small test tube of red liquid. "This is Langarian blood. Has the ability to change your body or body part size and or length for six to twelve hours until it wears off. If I give you this, will you give us the fifteen other units were are missing?"

The merchant just gazed upon the short valve with great interest. "Deal!" He said and went to grabbed it.

Lianna dodged his swipe and wagged her finger. "Not until we get the money for it."

The merchant quickly gave them the coins and grabbed the alien blood. He wondered over the test tube of its mystical property.

"And that's how you bargain." Lianna said, smiling her smug smile to Rocket. He smirked back, knowing she always knew how to bargain up a better deal.

"But before you go." The merchant said, "Whose Langarian blood is this?"

"Oh, mine of course," she said.

"Your not a Langarian! You're a Terran!"

"My father was a Terran and my was a mother Langarian."

"Then show me your half Langarian, missy." Rocket knew that man should've not called her that.

"I think we need to go, Lianna." Rocket tugged on her brown, leather jacket.

"Calm down, rat boy. We still have some business to do." The merchant said.