PROLOGUE.

PROLOGUE:
a friendly move out order.

Water surrounds Aster as she floats on her back, eyes closed and soaking in the peacefulness

Water surrounds Aster as she floats on her back, eyes closed and soaking in the peacefulness. She was swimming in her favorite spot under the bridge of the pier. The poles uplifting the bridge covered in graffiti and art. Aster loves to play her own personal game of I-Spy while looking at them, everytime she does she always notices a new phrase or a new doodle painted on. The beeping of her watch steals her attention away from viewing the pillars. She lifts up her arms and looks at it before letting out a long sigh. Back to work. She rolls her eyes while swimming towards the shore.

She grabs the towel laying on top of the sand and pats herself down. She picks up her phone and looks at herself through the black screen, rubbing away some smeared mascara from under her eyes. She sighs before picking up her belongings, slipping on her sandles, and throwing her towel over her shoulder. She throws her hair up into a ponytail before making the trek back to her job

Screams and laughs ring through Aster's ears as she walks through the peer. A small brunette boy smashes into her before quickly apologizing and running off.

"I'm so sorry!" His mother apologizes before chasing after her son.

Aster puts on a tight smile as she ducks from getting hit by a flying beach ball. She walks up to her booth Water Race, the sun burning through her tank top and warming up her alabaster skin.

"Back already?" Aster's co-worker and roommate, Nala, asks her with a smirk on her face.

Aster lifts up her white sunglasses and moves them to the top of her head. She rolls her eyes, "I know! 30 minutes is not enough time for a proper break when we're standing outside in the heat," she pouts before taking a sip from the drink in her hand.

"Tell me about it," Nala rolls her eyes before hopping over the booth. "But its my turn!"

Aster puts on a slight smile," Have fun!" She tells her best friend while taking her place.

The young red-head sits on the stool with a huff. She pulls out her phone and leans foward.

"Oh!" Nala calls out before turning around and jogging back over to Aster. "I forgot to ask, has Emily talked to you yet?"

Aster looks up her eyebrow raised and head tilted, "No?"

"Ohhh okay, well we'll all talk about it later then," she says awkwardly before going on her way.

Aster furrows her eyebrows and unlocks her phone. She notices a text in her groupchat with her friends. A sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach appears as she reads it. We need to talk.