CHAPTER FIVE.

CHAPTER FIVE:evan 'family hopper' buckley has entered the chat

CHAPTER FIVE:
evan 'family hopper' buckley has entered the chat.

An exhausted Aster sits on a chair by the kitchen table. Her head rested into the palm of her head and her elbows leaning onto the marble table.

"You know this wouldn't have happened if she was in a facility," Aster's dad's voice rings through the phone.

The young red-head sighs in exhaustion. "You know Dad, facilities aren't always the safest either."

"I'm just saying," Matthew says in a smug tone through the phone.

"Well stop saying it!" Aster snaps. "Grandma is missing , I don't fucking need an 'I told you so' I need you to get here as soon as fucking possible so we can find her," she shouts before hanging up. The red-head lets out a long scream cutting it off as she feels Carla gently rub her back.

"Let it out baby, let it out," Carla hums to the young girl.

Aster sits up wiping the tears from her eyes, "Okay," she breathes to herself.

She raises her phone and looks at the text Emily has sent her.

Emily: Nala just picked me up from work we're gonna search the Hollywood Area.
Aster: Thank you, I don't deserve you guys.
Emily: You would do the same for us.

And she would. Aster loved Emily and Nala like they were her own sisters and she wouldn't hesitate to put her life on the line if it guaranteed their safety.

A knock on the door distracts Aster from her thoughts. "I'll get it!" She yells knowing her aunt is on the phone.

You ever been heartbroken, truly heartbroken? You know that feeling where it's physically painful? That moment when it feels like somebody has shoved their hand into your chest, tore your heart out, and squeezed all the life out of it right in front of you. That moment when you grab onto your chest and you sob so loud for relief from the phantom ache. All those memories of that feeling came flooding to Aster as she stared into familiar blue eyes. Blue eyes that used to exuberate warmth and safety but now have been tainted.

"Aster?" Buck asks, his voice slightly breaking and his usual lost puppy dog look on his face. "Do I- do I have the right apartment?"

Aster struggles to get out a words, still unsure if this is a horrible nightmare or if her life truly is this unfortunate. "Evan?" Aster chokes out.

"Hi Buck!" Abby comes from behind Aster, a wide bright-eye smile on her face.

Aster looks between Abby and Buck, taking notice of the soft smile Buck has on his face. "You... you two know each other? How do you two know each other?"