CHAPTER SEVEN.

CHAPTER SEVEN:
my disastrous valentine's day weekend,
part two: note to self, never listen to nala ever again for as long as i live.

CHAPTER SEVEN:my disastrous valentine's day weekend, part two: note to self, never listen to nala ever again for as long as i live

It was the next day that Aster found herself, begging her manager for a shift tonight. "Please Mary-Ann, I'll take anything. I'll even clean the toilets; I just need a distraction."

Mary-Ann's breathy chuckle floats through the speaker. "Aster, you're young and its Valentine's Day go out. Have fun, take this holiday off and enjoy it."

Aster grumbles. "Somebody had to of called out tonight."

"Surprisingly we haven't gotten one call out, romance is dead I suppose."

"Well where there's romance there's heartbreak so there's no wonder why its dead," the girl grumbled miserably.

Mary-Ann laughs once more. "I'll see you soon Aster," she bids adieu before a click sounds through notifying that she hung up. 

Aster throws herself on her bed, huffing as she stares at the ceiling. Carla is with her grandma in the kitchen practicing cooking and Abby had just left for her date not too long ago.

Aster's room door bursts open, her two best friends falling in clumsily. Balloons held in Nala's hand while Emily holds a basket. 

Aster lifts her head from her bed, her eyebrow raised. "Where's the fire?" She sarcastically asks.

Nala walks towards her handing her two balloons which say, 'Sorry ur x is...d8ting ur ant' in bold metallic letters.

Aster snorts. "Ant?" She asks with a smirk. 

"We could only fit 10 letters on each," Emily shrugged before shoving the gift basket into her arms. 

Aster smiles, looking at the contents of the basket. Her eyes land on wine, Kleenex, chocolate, goldfish, lip gloss, and other things all having sticky notes attached to them. "You guys didn't have to do this," she grins.

Nala shrugs. "Well, there's not really a chapter in the best friend handbook on what to do when your best friends aunt starts dating her ex, so we had to improvise."

Aster closes her eyes and takes a deep breath through her nose. "Thank you, guys," she tells them. 

"We also have something else," Nala tells her holding up a Party City bag. 

"What are your plans for tonight?" Emily asks her, her fingers tapping together.

"Uh..."

"That was a courtesy question," Nala interrupts. "We know you have nothing planned."

Aster huffs. "You don't know my life." 

"We have an idea," Nala starts before getting interrupted by her fiancé.