CHAPTER TWO.

CHAPTER TWO:
crime scenes & girl gossip.

Aster steps out of her car taking in the sunset before her

Aster steps out of her car taking in the sunset before her. The sunset at the pier never fails to take her breath away. The sky was as pretty as a painting, a perfect mixture of blue, purple, and pink. Sunsets and sunrises have always been Aster's favorite thing to watch. A small smile places itself on her face as she recalls a few memories of her ex. When he couldn't be with her, he used to call her at dawn just to have her go outside so they could watch the sunrise together. There were a couple times he even asked her boss if she could get off early and they had picnics on the back of his truck watching the sunset, it became a tradition for them.

We are not going to think about him.

The red head continues on her way. She waves at her two best friends leaning against a game booth, taking note of how they seem to be in an argument of sorts.

The red-head's eyes curiously shift between the two. "What are you two arguing about?" She asks with an awkward smile. Emily didn't work at the pier, she actually worked at a puppy day care facility, but it was a common occurrence for the butch brunette to visit her fiance and best friend at work.

"You look like shit," Nala bluntly states after giving Aster a once over. She stands leaning against the booth, her arms crossed against her chest.

"Ahh, thanks Nala! Always so lovely to see you too," Aster tells her sarcastically. Nala only giving her a shrug in reply.

"She looks fine," Emily defends giving her fiance a glare. Nala rarely had a filter it was both something Emily loved and hated about her.

Aster lets out a sigh, rubbing a hand across her face. "It was a rough morning," she says, exhaustion seeping through her voice

Emily and Nala stand up from their slouched positions, their faces suddenly alert taking note of the weariness radiating off their friend. They share a glance with each other. "What happened?" They both ask at the same time.

Aster looks at them weirdly before dismissing it by the raising of her eyebrow and confessing why she looks not her best. "My grandma locked herself in the bathroom which was really nerve wracking."

Emily meets her friend's eyes, her brown eyes filled to the brim with concern. "Oh my god, is she okay?"

Aster waves her off. "Yeah shes fine, its just something I gotta get used to."

"I dont think that something you just get used to," Nala says softly.

Aster shrugs. "Well I'm gonna have to learn to."