Paul (Bar)

Los Angeles, I had a small home here. Small is a understatement, but it was very quiet. No one was able to bother me which I appreciated. Plus it was a place that reminded me of home when I was at the states.

I didn't like living here, but America is where we got really big. And makes sense to live here seeing it got us lots of chances to perform.

"So are we going out Paul?" John said

"Sure, I haven't been drinking in awhile" I said.

I was smiling. I was feeling happy drinking and talking with John about things that's not work related. I love him but talking all the time about work is rather stressful. I miss just being able to talk to him like my brother.

I got dressed putting my glasses and of course my hat. Pushing my hair back so my forehead was shown and my hair seemed shorter. It is remarkable how this alone doesn't get me noticed. John on the other hand, has to go through more trouble. He actually wears a scarf to cover his mouth. It makes him look like he caught a cold or something it's rather funny.

We headed to the bar, it was a drive away seeing it was in the city. Seeing Los Angeles always amazed me. The lights where crazy and buildings where so tall. And everything was so cleaned. Unlike home where everything looks more cozy and warm. I missed that feeling of home.

Johnny was driving his car smelled of cigarettes which I wasn't surprised about. It almost smelled as bad as George's. He had glasses scattered in the cup holder. Many of them funny looking but it was always something I liked about Johnny. His strange tastes.

"So are you planning on taking a bird with you tonight macca?" John said I gasped and looked at him.

I rubbed the back of my neck.
"I dunno Johnny. I wasn't planning on it actually. So no." I said.

"What? Macca you haven't been in a relationship in years. You need to get yourself out there." Johnny says.

"Huh so worried for me huh? How about you Johnny are you?" I smirked.

"Nice try macca, but I talked about you first. You need a bird to make you smile again" he said.

"Taking a bird home tonight and a relationship are two different things" I said.

"Well you can start differently this time. Asking for the  relationship after" Johnny said.

"I can't just make love to someone I don't know Johnny. Plus I just haven't found a bird who treats me like a person. They treat me like if I was a god figure or something" I sighed.

"Well I shouldn't have said we were bigger than Jesus our Lord and savior huh?" John chuckled.

I was mad when that happened but now I just look back at it and laugh.

"My lord, to hell with the Beatles! There albums make great fire fuel" I smirked.

"Sure does, where here so let's get going macca" Johnny said parking and then getting out of the car. I got out and closed the door behind me hearing the beep of the car as I walked towards the door with John.

The bar was small and was actually kinda empty. It was a bar and a dinner. I thought it was a great idea seeing how we can eat and then drink.

"Let's sit over here then we can just walk up to the bar no problem" John said sitting in the booth. It was right next to the bar so we can see the people drinking and laughing.

We talked and a waiter took our order and we waited. Talking and messing about.

"Any birds you fancy?" John smiled.