Chapter Four: New Things Coming Ahead

A brown crocheted sweater. A plaid brown skirt. High-waist skinny jeans. And a bunch of other pieces of cloth Bella had put in a large sized shopping bag.

She overdid it again, Mia thought as she muffled up a laugh. Bella was always one for overdoing things she loved. She had even managed to put in a note, insisting that they should go shopping over the next weekend. Mia figured that Bella would perhaps teach her a couple more things about makeup by then so she could do it herself eventually -- something they would have done the other day if Mark's arrival wasn't so sudden enough for Bella to rush her to head out and go back home.

Mia didn't even have time to say goodbye.

Guess it had an advantage to her anyway though, since she was easily able to escape Mark's icy look. But, still though. It really would be better to have at least left the Cho household properly.

As she put on her underwear, she wondered if she would ask Bella about what happened yesterday, but then again, knowing her, she wouldn't want to speak about her brother much. After all, Bella did seem to try to dodge the topic of Mark not liking her when she had brought it up. It wouldn't be wise to speak about him.

Mia groaned. She should have messaged Bella, she thought as she scolded herself in her mind. Then again, not being able to text her yesterday wasn't something she did on purpose. Her parents were just so all over the moon on taking pictures of her to post on Facebook and show off how their daughter has finally become a lady.

Mia's face lit up whilst she brushed her hair after wearing a white off-shoulder long-sleeved blouse and black skater skirt that were included with one of the other tops and bottoms Bella basically threw in the shopping bag which by the way, looked really random to a clueless in fashion Mia (she had to surf the internet to find out what combination of clothes to wear). She realized she could just bring up to Bella the subject of her over the top thrilled parents. She would love to hear the praise.

Satisfied with her look and ready for another day of school, Mia picked up her backpack and headed for the breakfast table.

"Well, would you look at that?" Her dad chimed as he sat himself down, straightening his necktie in the process. "I thought yesterday was going to be a one time thing. Our baby has truly grown into a princess," he continued, mimicking crying sounds.

Mia rolled her eyes over her dad's ever so childish actions.

"Now dear, I think it's best to wipe your tears and eat. We wouldn't want the food to get cold," Mia's mom says with a charming smile and a giggle.

"Right," her dad says as he finally goes back to normal, "I just can't believe our little lady is growing up to be an actual one."

"I can't believe *Ate Mia looks human now," Mia's little brother, Henry, says as he munches on his champorado, a chocolate porridge, and exhibiting a rather poker face (something he was very good at) while he was at it.

"Henry *hijo, we do not say things like that to your sister," their mother chides. "She is and has always been beautiful, especially since she gets her looks from me," she playfully adds as she winks at Mia.

"It's OK Mama," Mia laughs. "I was never one to give Ate Flora good compliments anyway."

"That is true," their dad agrees, "I remember when you two would argue over the littlest things -- mostly over food though like when Flora wouldn't give you churros or empanadas when you two were younger," their dad laughs. "I remember as if it were yesterday."

"All right, stop going nostalgic on us and eat your food Fernando. You still have work to go to and also, not to mention, you have got to bring little Henry to school," their mother laughs as she finishes up with her own bowl of champorado.