Chapter Ten: Stuck in Unexpected Situations

Mia helplessly stared at her ceiling, barely able to breathe because of the colds she had unfortunately attained after that incident in the rain. Hugging her teddy bear that her older sister had given her a few years ago on her birthday and covering herself up with a blanket because of the chills, Mia could never feel more worse. Probably. Well, at least this was a little bit better than that incident in the gym -- perhaps nothing could top that off.

As Mia nearly fell into a deep slumber, her cellphone by her nightstand began to ring loudly. She tapped her hands on the nightstand to find her phone as her eyes were shut, because she would feel a bit nauseous when she would open them. Once she got her phone, she opened her eyes a little bit just to see the "answer" and "decline" buttons. She slid her finger across the screen to answer it, not bothering to check who was calling -- she decided that if she didn't know who it was, she would just drop the phone since she wasn't feeling good enough and was too tired to read the name well without feeling at least a little bit dizzy.

"Hello," Mia groaned as she began to turn to the other side of the bed.

"Hey, Mia? It's me Drew. You OK?"

In an instant, Mia fell over her bed.

"Mia! You OK?!" Drew shouted through the phone as he freaked out a little from hearing the loud thump that had just occurred.

"Yep," Mia groaned a little, wincing from the pain a bit. She felt like she hit her hip bone. Great. Just great. Still extremely tired, Mia stayed on her position, lying down on the stone cold wooden floor with her eyes closed. "Couldn't be better," she continued.

"You know I know you a lot right? I could basically smell your lies even from a couple feet away," Drew said.

Mia furrowed her eyebrows. Was her illness getting worse? Did she miss Drew this much? Or was there just really an echo that had just happened, because she could swear that she had just heard two versions of Drew's voice -- his telephone one and his... normal one?

"I'm not... I'm not lying," Mia replied.

Then, as she opened her eyes, the weirdest thing had just happened. Drew was practically looming over her face. Aghast, Mia kicked him out of her way and hid behind her blanket which she was clinging onto when she had fallen.

"Am I hallucinating?" Mia asked.

Drew lifted the covers, "You aren't. I'm really here."

Mia looked up at him. Her exhaustion had quickly faded. She wasn't sure if she would be happy that he was here to visit her or if she would feel completely embarrassed with what had just happened, because she could swear that her kicking him in the face had just got into the top one rank of the list of the things she's sure she would be humiliated with for the rest of her life. And the fact that the gym thing just got in second place was most definitely not a good thing.

"Wha-what are you doing here? N-no. How are you even here? I was literally on the phone with you just seconds ago."

"Well," Drew leaned his head a little bit to the side. "Tita let me in," he started narrating.

Mia looked at him intently. She looked like she was one hundred percent paying attention to what he was saying when only about fifty percent of his words were actually registering in her brain, while the other fifty percent were literally flying out of her head. She was so focused on the following: (1) the fact that he was here, (2) the fact that he had just said a Filipino word in such a cute way, and (3) the fact that her mother didn't even tell her that she had let him in -- also not to mention, wasn't her mother just about to head off to the grocery store?