Chapter Six: The Perfect Date

As Mia hurriedly rushed to the exit of the Cho household, Bella saw her out.

"Sorry about freaking out, I just don't feel comfortable with Mark seeing me like this. It feels weird," Mia told Bella, subtly catching her breath as she began shaking a little. This day was just not going well for her.

Upon noticing this, an understanding Bella sighed. "It's ok, doll," she responded, hoping those three words would comfort her. "My brother's a total douche so I totally get it. And not to mention how he practically embarrassed me in front of you earlier," Bella said whilst she recalled her brother's tragic fall. How much weirder could he get? Bella wondered as she seemed to stare at nothingness.

"Anyway, maybe we could continue this on Saturday? It's when I'm free again since I'd be finished with all my homework and studying for our first exam in history so," Mia looked at Bella with a tinge of hope in her eyes. "I just really want to get a hang of everything. Sorry again for being so difficult to help though."

Bella slightly let out a giggle. "As studious as ever," she commented. Mia was always one for being so focused on her studies, being the top of their class and all for ever since she could remember. Too bad all that studying couldn't rub off on her.

"Also stop saying sorry," she continued, "You literally just said it like a minute ago."

"Yeah, but it was for a different reason," Mia explained.

Bella shook her head at her best friend in a playful sort of way. She then placed her hand on Mia's shoulder. "I can seriously never get tired of you. You always seem to find a way to be amusing. I sure wish my brother who," Bella's eyes shifted to the sandals her brother used earlier, "stupidly wears socks with sandals," she then looked back into her best friend's eyes, "would see that too."

Mia smiled a little. She wished for that too -- only because by then at least she would have one less thing to worry about.

"Well anyway, if he ever does so we'd have to celebrate. Moving onto a different subject though, I should be the one saying sorry because I won't be free on Saturday. I'm hanging out with a special someone," Bella wiggled her eyebrows. Mia got it quickly. The two then decided to just have another girls' hangout session on another day they were both free. After that, Mia went back home, wondering how cool it must be to have a boyfriend like Bella.

On a fresh Saturday, sitting by the cafe she told Zack they'd meet at, Bella was thinking the same thing. She was incredibly happy to have him. She grinned to herself as she held onto the black straw of the pearl milk tea she was drinking, using it as a utensil to mix her cold beverage. She could still remember the first time she saw him.

It was on a really hot weekday. Bella was too lazy to go to Mark's university. She was an object at rest who didn't want to be disturbed, but just like in Newton's "Laws of Motion" that stated, "An object at rest stays at rest unless acted upon by another force." In order to get moving, the force of her mother had to move her. That was why she had to sit on a bench, under the crazy hot sun. At first, she couldn't be more irritated, but as she saw a tall lean figure leaning against a tree and looking closely at his phone, she couldn't be more grateful for her mother and good ol' Sir Isaac Newton.

Here goes another few minute crush, she thought to herself as she made the most of the moment. The boy was probably around her brother's age or maybe even older. She wasn't really sure. What she was most sure of though was that he was definitely taller than her brother. He seemed to be as tall as those K-pop idols with the long legs. It was so obvious, especially with those khaki pants wrapped around his thighs. He's probably a six footer, her mind figured. She thought he was perfect (already), but of course, things were just getting better. He wasn't just as tall as those K-pop idols. In fact, he looked like an idol himself. She wondered if he had ever become a trainee or perhaps, could be a trainee even now. She supposed it would be cool if he was. If so, she could tell Mia about it once she'd get home. Mia would be totally shocked for sure.