31 - Expensive

I decided to confront Luke when he came into school the next day. I still hadn't seen Braydon around, maybe he was on the down low since the party.

"What were them pictures?" I interrogate him. I knew he felt awkward because he knew that he had done wrong.

"I was just drunk Clem, I know that's not justifiable but it's the only excuse I can give you"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I raise an eyebrow at his remarks.

"I mean, It wasn't me. It was the alcohol" he tries to convince me but I wasn't buying it.

"Did you just kiss them? Or was it something more?" I give him a stern look.

"I've got to be honest with you Clem, I don't know. I don't remember" he scratches the back of his head.

My heart sinks. How could he not remember? Or he just didn't want to tell me. I wasn't stupid, it was obvious he most likely slept with some random girl at that party but I guess it was okay because 'it was the alcohol'. Bullshit.

"You're unbelievable. I think we should stop this for a little while" I suggest.

"You want to break up?" He looks at me confused and dazed.

"I just want a break. Until you sort yourself out" I poke him in the chest and turn around. I didn't want to speak to him. His lies sickened me.

Then as if by coincidence I walked past the one and only Rachel. She was watching me with a smirk.

"Having troubles?" She stares at me.

I ignore her snide remarks and storm straight past her. Hopefully she wasn't at the party. I decided that after school I would go for a walk. I just wanted to be alone to cry. I didn't tell anyone where I was going and I went to the docks and sat on the ede dangling my feet towards the river.

I sat and cried, I wanted to be with Luke. I really did. But it was just he could never get rid of his bad habits of being with other girls. Even if he did love me he couldn't shake the habits.

"You alright missy?" A man asks me. I look up and see a man with a baseball cap and a moustache. He looked as if he was in his early 40s.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just." I wipe away my tears and he comes and sits beside me he now dangles his feet beside me.

"Names Kenny, I own one of the boats here. You sure you're alright?" He asks me. It made me less suspicious that he told me some background information about himself. He's less likely to kidnap me, I believed him.

"Yeah I'm good. I'm just thinking about school troubles" I tell him.

"Let me guess...boy troubles?" He couldn't help but smile.

"How did you know?" I smirk the tears on my cheeks dry slowly.

"I get lucky, real lucky"

I laugh at his stupid comment.

"Just remember, men are shitbirds." Kenny says. He was right, men were shitbirds especially at the moment.

"Yeah, I know"

After my awkward conversation with the man at the docks by the name of Kenny I began to walk back home but as I left I saw a small cafe and I headed inside. I could really do with a hot chocolate and some cake. I decided that I wanted somebody to just have a friendly chat with so I texted Nick.

I sat inside the cafe awkwardly. It was like in the films when that one kid gets stood up and they stay in the cafe. I watched the people inside and Carver and Troy walked in. A ginger girl followed them.