Once and For All--Jack

I'm just sitting here with Esther on the ground, head buried into her shoulder when the doorbell rings.

"I'll get it!" Davey calls. I hear him walk over to the door and open it. "Hey Katherine."

"Hey. All the boys ready?"

"Excuse me." I say and get up. Katherine and Davey are at the door talking.

"Hey Jack." She says, blushing a little.

"Hey Ace. Now what's all this about my boys being ready?"

She laughs. "The Children's Crusade is happening tonight. Davey, Les, and the rest of the newsies are on board. I've even got some other men to help out. We're gonna print it tonight. Now where was that press you were talking about?"

"In Pulitzer's cellar."

"Well that doesn't help our case. But it does make it more fun. Get the boys and let's go."

《~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~》

The way here wasn't how we planned at all.

Henry tripped twice. Mush stole Spec's glasses and he banged into a wall. Elmer wouldn't shut up.  Finally, Race had had enough and clamped a hand over his mouth until we were inside.

Katharine hands me a ring of keys. "I'll get the lights. You get the windows unlocked."

I get to work on the windows. "You got keys here for the entire building. Has someone been picking daddy's pockets?" I tease.

"The janitor has been working here since he was eight and hasn't gotten a raise in twenty years. He's with us one hundred percent."

She turns up the lights and I finally unlock the windows. We slip in through the windows and two well dressed young men get to work on the press.

I turn to Davey. "You bring enough fellas to keep is covered?"

"We could hold a hoedown in here and no one would be the wiser." He says.

"Then let's do!" Esther says. All the others laugh.

"Good job." I say.

"It's good to have you back again."

"Shut up."

Katherine speaks, a light of determination in her bright eyes. "Here she is, boys. Just think! While my father snores blissfully in his bed, we wi be using his very own printing press to bring him down."

"Remind me to stay on your food side." Esther says, causing her to laugh.

Race walks over to the press. "Is this what they print the papes on?"

One of the well dressed men speaks. "I can see why they tossed this old girl down to the cellar but I think she will do the trick."

"Jack, this is Darcy. He knows just about everything there is to know about printing."

"You work for one of the papes?" I ask him.

"My father owns the Trib." He says.

"Woah!"

Katherine points to the other man. "And this is Bill. He'll be typesetting the article for us."

I decided to joke around a bit. "Bill? So I suppose your the son of William Randolph Hearst?"

"And proud to be part of your revolution!"

I stare at him in awe. "Ain't that something?"

"In the words of the little one, can we table the palaver and get down to business?" Katherine asks.

"A little grease and she'll be good as gold." Darcy says.

"All right. Here's how it'll work: as we print the papes, you guys will distribute them to every working kid in New York. After that......?"

"After that it's up to them."

(Play the song up top. THE KEY CHANGE THOUGH!!!)

Also I am going to try to post more than one chapter a day because the script that I'm using to get the lines right is on my school computer and we have to turn those in soon.