Finale- Jack/Esther

Jack's POV

"Newsies of New York City.....we won!" The newsies cheer. Beside me, Esther wraps an arm around my shoulder. Race is jumping up and down. Spot is trying to calm Race. Davey picks up Les and rests him on his hip. I have to quiet them down so I can speak again. "And I'd like to introduce my own personal pal, Governor Theodore Roosevelt himself!"

The crowd cheers again. Roosevelt begins to speak. "Each generation must, at the height of its power, step aside and invite the young to share the day. You have laid claim to our world and I believe the future, in your hands, we will be bright and prosperous." He turns to me before speaking again. "And your drawings, son, have brought another matter to bear. Officers, if you please."

Esther's POV

"Crutchie!" We're all yelling his name and crowding him as he walks forward.

"It's good to have you back, Crutchie." I say.

He smiles. "I missed you, ya know dat?"

"I missed you too." I hug him tightly, but not right enough to hurt him.

He is home.

"And guess what? I brought a gift for ya. Bring him in, fellas!"

Police enter with the Spider between them. Snyder don't look too happy.

Then again, he never does.

"Its Snyder the Spider!" Race says.

"You just figured that out, dumbass?" I playfully punch him in the arm.

"He ain't looking so tough no more, is he?" Mush says.

Teddy speaks. "Jack, with those drawings you made an eloquent argument for shutting the Refuge down. Be assumed that Mr. Snyder's abuses will be fully investigated."

I hug Race as tight as I can. He returns the hug.

"I finally got you back for good." He says.

I'm so happy now I'm crying. I won't have to live in fear of Snyder anymore. And neither will the rest of New York's kids.

"Officer, take him away."

Crutchie turns to Roosevelt. "May I do the honors, your highness?"

Roosevelt laughs a little and nods. Crutchie takes the cuffs from the cop and slaps them on Snyder.

"You've got to be joking." Snyder remarks, disgusted.

"And you'll be laughing all the way to the pen, little man." Crutchie gives Snyder a good kick in the rear as the officers take him away for good.

"So long sucker!" I yell after him.

Jack runs down to see Crutchie. The two hug. Jack is an absolute mess now, tears and all. "Are you okay? How bad did he hurt you? Where does it hurt? Can I-"

"I'm fine, Jack. Really." He smiles and the two hug.

I feel a tap on my shoulder to face a boy my age. He's got black hair, blue eyes and an ugly shiner.

"Harvey!" We hug each other and I try not to squeeze. We may have only known each other for a day but we are definitely at the hugging point.

Someone hugs my knees. I see a head of blondish hair and green eyes staring up at me.

"Cole! You're here too!" I pick him up the same way I did Les.

"When Snyder got arrested, we were are free to go. Then I saw all of the newsies out here and I hoped you would be here." Harvey explains.

"I'm glad you came." I ruffle Cole's hair.

Jack approaches me. "Ya know Jack. I've been thinking. What does Santa Fe have that New York doesn't? The drema was great while it lasted. But look around. We have great friends who are more like a family. And we just got Crutchie back. You wanna leave him again? Why would you want to leave when we have eveything we ever need?"

(Play the song up top. I know there's more dialogue but I have some other plans.)

Katherine taps my shoulder and our lips connect, and we kiss each other passionately. I see Davey cover Les' eyes out of the corner of my eye.

"Party at the Lodging House tonight!"

This is coming to a close. I have like two more chapters and then this book will be finished. Thank you for joining me on the road to completion. I'm glad to see people reading and voting for the story. The next chapter will be up as soon as I can.

Also, I will be writing another newsies story after this. This will be a Sprace story and I already have the first three chapters done in my drafts. It will be called Falling Short. Thank you again for reading this fanfic!