Chapter 1: New Developments.

A/N: I know I said that this would be a male reader fic, but at this point, you and Momonga are already in the game. I'm just going to use your 'lord' name when referring to the reader. 

JUST REMEMBER: Niko Makaya is YOU.

A/N2: This chapter is for @Nathan1101. Thanks for the inspiration, man.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Niko P.O.V.    Location: Sixth Floor Amphitheater.

A magic gate appears out of the thin air above the ground, and out steps Peroroncino's vampire; Shalltear.

(Shalltear) - My, my. It appears I'm the first one to arrive.

We all turn to look at her, and she rushes over to us - well, me, precisely - dropping her parasol, which fades into a swarm of black butterflies.

(Shalltear) - Oh, wow! Lord Makaya! The one man I could never rule above, my eternal beloved!

I turn my head to Momonga as she begins to fawn over me. Surprisingly he seems to be able to read my WTF expression from under the mask.

(Aura) - Stop, Shalltear, you're starting to slobber on him.

She lets go of my vest, and turns to Aura.

(Shalltear) - Hello, half-pint. I didn't realize you were here. Having such a foolish older sister must be an ordeal all on it's own, Mare. However do you manage?

(Niko) - Enou-

(Aura) - Miss big tits.

(Shalltear) - Wh-wha?!

(Aura) - Just as I thought!

Her aggravated expression turns into a smirk.

(Aura) - That's why you went through the trouble of using a gate! You were in a hurry, but since you overstuffed your top, you were worried they'd shift if you ran!

(Shalltear) - Ugh! Watch it, Elf! You've only got a boy chest!

(Niko) - Yes, but unlike you, she's alive, and seventy-six years old, whereas, You, on the other hand, are undead, with an immeasurable age, stuck with the body you were created with, Game, Set, and Match.

She looks at me, shocked, and Aura bursts into a fit of laughter, before the both of them begin squabbling among each other.

This doesn't surprise me. Their creators, Peroroncino and Bukubuku Chagama were siblings, and used to fight like this all the time. It would make sense that their creations would have been given some of their personality traits.

(???) - Stop your childish squabbling in front of the masters!

We turn to the next one to arrive. Cocytus. The fifth floor's guardian, and the very personification of the word 'warrior'. His bug-like head shouldn't fool you, those arms look as if they could crush diamond.

(A/N: I shit you not, the first time I saw the guy, the first thought that came to mind was, 'oh, lord, that thing's a fuckin' beetle'.)

(Shalltear) - I'll stop once this elf bitch pays for her crimes!

(Aura) - What?! Hey, I didn-

Cocytus slams the tip of his halberd to the ground, and a sheet of ice begins to spread across the floor. Another fight is about to break out.

(Momonga) - That's enough!

(Niko) - Cease this! There is no time to be playing around in such a manner!