Chapter 2: Weakness

A/N: Alrighty. I know that I'm barely toeing the line, but for the time being, this is as close as you're getting to lemons and smut for the time being.

Smut reference for you, welponkurt.

kev_devigne. Enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Momonga P.O.V.     Location: War Room

I can't help but feel worried. Niko was supposed to be here four hours ago. Did he have some other business that would keep him otherwise occupied?

Thoughts such as these race through my mind as I attempt to teach myself how to control what I see through the Mirror of Remote Viewing.

I am broken from my thoughts when I hear the door open, and see my comrade, surprisingly very disheveled. Tufts of his raven hair peek through the bandages, only one of his gauntlets is materialized, showing the tattoo it spawns from on his left arm. His left sleeve is rolled up, his vest just barely hangs from his right shoulder, and the armor on his legs appear as if they had been adorned in a hurry.

(Niko Makaya) - S...sorry I'm... late...

(Momonga) - Are you alright? You look exhausted!

(Niko) - It'll pass. I'm fine.

(Momonga) - What happened? You don't tire easily.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Niko P.O.V.

(Niko) - I took part in a two-person activity with Albedo last night, and repeated it in the morning. Several times. For twelve hours. Because we enjoyed it. Those are your only clues.

He looks in thought for a moment before realizing what I mean.

(Momonga) - Oh! I... I see. So, are you alright or...?

(Niko) - I'm just tired. It'll pass. What's on the agenda for today?

(Momonga) - I'm attempting to learn how to use the Mirror. If I can figure it out, we could secure the area around the tomb.

(Niko) - Oh. Any luck?

He waves his hands in the air, and looks somewhat satisfied with what progress he had made with it.

(Momonga) - ...Very little.

I let out a sigh, before motioning for him to get out of the chair.

(Niko) - Move over.

(Momonga) - Why?

(Niko) - Because I know how to use it. Move.

(Momonga) - How do you know how to use it?

(Niko) - Do you remember the day I asked for admission into the guild, and how you and the others issued a challenge to me a week after the fact?

(Momonga) - Yes, why?

He gets out of the chair, and I adjust my clothing, donning my left gauntlet, pulling the sleeve down, and fix my vest, before sitting down, and navigating the area shown by the mirror.

(Y/N) - The challenge was that I could have a seat at your round table if I could infiltrate the tomb, and take a seat on the throne before the end of the next week. How do you think I knew when you and the others were approaching my hiding spot, and how was I able to navigate your secret passageways without any prior experience or knowledge? I managed to skip the first five floors before you sealed off the passageways and impeded me in the amphitheater with Cocytus and Demiurge.