4

A samjoko only means 2 things, either you've been exiled from the kingdom due to a huge mistake or That you're next in line to the throne.

Even though he had a scar on his face, Sung deuk hoped for the best, he hoped he was next in line instead of being exiled.

He had seen the boy during Daechwita, but he thought, * If He is The true king, how did he end up here? What happened In the Palace?*

Nobody was allowed to infiltrate the palace without the king's permission. No info was to be taken out of the palace, only the complaints from the subjects were to come in, and the problems would be solved in an instant. That is, till Min Heechul was king. (The father-). With Min yoongi in power, Hell was going to be unleashed.

-

A few days after Dangun was found, An announcement was made, To which Jang mi and her father went outside to listen to,

{due to the sudden death of the king,his brother and the queen, and the disappearance of the crown prince, Min Dangun, Min yoongi, the eldest son has volunteered to become king, Please grieve for them, and pray that The Prince returns safe and sound. The coronation for the elder prince will be done in public, A banquet will be held, please attend.}

Sung deuk was sure this was all min yoongis plan, to get empathy from the subjecs, and then.. manipulate them. Sung deuk, now a fisherman, used to work as the King's personal bodyguard, alert at all times, but he retired when his wife gave birth to Jang mi, and passed away after a few days. Since then, He swore that He would always Be a father first to Jang mi, and then a good citizen of Baekjae.

Jang mi was born when the princes were 5 years old, Even though they were young, too young, Min yoongi had evil in his eyes. More evil than anyone could ever encounter. People said that he was the cursed child, A curse which could never be broken. Yoongi grew into it, as sung deuk watched him.

Now that he was out of sight, He didn't know what to expect from the new king, He only prayed that Dangun gets better and overthrows him.

He planned to keep the scroll away from the boy till he came of age, and raise him as his own boy, away from the palace.

Jang mi, unaware of this, was happy because she had found someone who would play with her and be her friend.

_

The same day, After a lot of Medication and care, Dangun woke up, holding his head, clearly unaware where he was and how he reached there.

"h-hello?"

Jang mi heard him and went it, as her father had gone to fish.

"y-yes? Ah, how silly of me. how are you feeling now?" she asked tilting he head, clasping her hands together, smiling lightly and blinking slowly.

"w-where am I, how did I come here? Where is ...Ouch...tsk.." He wailed as his head hurt suddenly. He hissed in pain and flinched at jang-mi's contact.

She had picked up some medicine to treat the wound on his head, and touched his hand so she could apply it. She smiled at him,

" I promise it will get better, but it will hurt first for a few moments.." She said while applying the medicine gently to his forehead, where a gash had formed, where he was hit by the rock.

He felt so... cared. He remembered nothing except his name, and someone pushing him into the river.

He screamed when the paste touched his bare skin, closing his eyes, trying to control the painful sensation.

Tears flowed down, with soft sniffles as he felt the pain vanishing slowly.

"hey... uh.. don't cry, appa says boys are strong so they never cry! Although... he always cries whenever I ask about amma..." The 7 year old giggles, bandaging his head and runs out, returning with a cup of clear liquid.

" Here, this will help you heal faster, you haven't had anything since we got you here, appa will be back soon to make us lunch!"

She sat down on the ground and looked at the boy curiously, swaying her head side to side, figuring out how to ask the pale boy, how he had gotten such a huge scar on his eye, at such a small age.. He must be around 10.....

Her thoughts are interrupted when her father enters the house with some food supplies,

" Jang-mi, go get the sto- oh, you're awake..." He looks at Dangun and smiles, sitting down next to him, just about to open his bandaged head when jang mi shouts from behind, "Appa! I just did his dressing!"

He looks at her and smiles " ahh, Jang mi... So grown up" He ruffles her hair and hugs her sideways.

He turns to dangun and asks him, "Ah, boy, what is your name?"

Dangun, still feeling dizzy, "d-dango.."

"DANgo?!" both father and daughter laugh in unison, pointing their fingers at poor dangun, while he realises what he said.

"Ah!!, My name is dangun!.. I would like some dango.. p-please." He held his head low, blushing lightly.

" Yes of course, we will get some food for you, Rest for a bit. We will get you some food, rest for a bit." Sung deuk made the boy lie down, tapping his back, and he instantly fell asleep due to the tonic Jang mi had given, to heal faster.

The deep wound on his arm had almost healed, just a bit more to go.

_

Cuz like too much flashback is also meh. (also I didnt know how to frame the flashback and present  because it might confuse you! Let me know if you want the whole fladhback at once and then continue the story or have present time and flsdhback together)

*PRESENT TIME* (age 20)

"Take your officials and go around the town again, Not one criminal is allowed in my kingdom. You are dismissed." The king told his General and told him to go away, turning away, his blonde locks swaying due to the windy day.

The general walked away after bowing to the king, his face saddening at the hought of another beheaded body resting in the palace.

The door to his workplace opened, as someone entered.

"Good morning my king," A lady bowed, smiling as she rose.

"Good morning Jang mi. How are you feeling today? How is that morning sickness?"