Stuck in the Thick of It

The friends sailed on until they came to another fork in the river.

"Ferris, which way?" said Sloane. 

"Pick left! Pick left!" Cameron chanted. "He can pick whatever he wants!" Sam said.

"Yeah, but pick left! I got a good feeling about it" said Cameron.

Ferris did pick left and as soon as they turned the boat came to a stop.

"Oh, going left was SO choice, Cameron!" said Ferris sarcastically.

"Sorry" said Cameron.

"Sorry schmorry! We're caught on something!" Sam said.

"Is there any chance that this is the problem?" said Sloane.

Ferris touched his belly and said "I guess not. That makes sense, too, because how can anything go wrong when we're just sitting here?"

"Well, we're just sitting here because we're jammed! Loss of traction as in "not moving"! Ugh! Cameron, you got us into this, you can get us out!" Sam said.

"How?" said Cameron.

"Rock the boat! Run back and forth! Throw your weight around! Y'know to shift the boat!" scolded Sam.

Cameron did as he was told and the boat was back on track.

"Are you at least feeling a little better, Ferris?" said Sloane. "Not really" said Ferris.

"Well, on the bright side, it's peaceful here. Completely quiet" Sam said.

"It is nice. But we still need to find the problem before my condition gets worse" said Ferris.

"Oh. Yeah. Cameron, shall we start?" said Sam.

"No problem. I got it handled" answered Cameron.

"Hurry up. These are alligator infested waters" said Sloane. 

"Don't be silly, Sloane. Alligators live in the humid, mucky swamps of North America. These tributaries are home too..." Sam began.

Suddenly a crocodile snapped at the friends. 

"Crocodiles!" Sam finished. She sped up the boat and got away just in time.

"Oy. That was a close one." Sam said. "And they STILL weren't the problem" said Ferris.

"Oh my god! Even man-eating crocodiles weren't our problem?!" said Cameron.

"Lucky your skipper knows best. Because we might be getting close" Sam said.

"Maybe but I can't see through this mist" said Sloane. "I wonder what that sound is" said Cameron.

"It sounds like... water" said Ferris. "louder and louder water" added Sloane.

Suddenly the fog cleared and a waterfall loomed in front of the boat. 

"It's a waterfall! Sorry, guys. Skipper knows least!" Sam said.

And the boat fell down the waterfall.

The friends were okay but they were stuck.

OOH! They just fell down a waterfall!

Will they be okay?

Let's find out in the next chapter, shall we?

Peace and love,

Sammy