22 = FAMILY

First thing in the morning, Yibo was summoned by his grandfather Wang Qiren. He doesn't really like his grandfather because he only remembers Yibo when he did something he didn't like. So what is his problem now?

Yibo hates his grandfather to hell. He always scolds him to death for every little thing he does wrong and sometimes when his grandfather was really mad at him, he'll make Yibo into kneeling into his knees for the whole night in front of there house and let him freeze to death.

He also has the leash method if Yibo did something severely. Wang Qiren was really strick and won't accept imperfection.

Yibo gulp before stepping his foot to the garden where is his grandfather is. His grandfather quickly notices him and just let him stand in front of him and continue watering the plants.

"I'll give you time to admit you're wrongdoings until I finished watering the plants" Qiren calmly said.

But what did he do now that made Qiren angry? Maybe he the incident when he punches someone at Aquatics Area? Or maybe he brought someone in their ancestral house a month ago? But he asks permission from his dad for that. Other than that Yibo couldn't think of something anymore. So what is it?

He's been behaving since him and Zhan becomes together. Wait. Maybe the thing between him and Zhan? No. That can't be.

Yibo took several minutes but there's really nothing come into his head. "I punch and knocked out someone at the pool" Said Yibo without any emotion.

Qiren already finish watering the plants and faced Yibo. His facial expression is really hard to read. Is he angry, confuse, mad, or something? Yibo couldn't tell. Qiren just raised his eyebrows and telling Yibo that's not what is he asking. Yibo frowned and just continue a staring battle with his grandfather.

Qiren took a deep breath without leaving hi gaze in Yibo, "Is it real? You're dating a man?" 

Yibo's body didn't know how to react, it just shut down. He froze to a point where he was hardly breathing. Fear starts to enter his system and for several moments he stood unmoving. He meets his  Qiren's gaze and tries to analyze what should he do. Should he admit it? Should he hide? Or should he deny it?

"Answer me Yibo," Qiren said with full of authority. Yibo knows his grandfather, what if he didn't accept it.

"I love him" Yibo's jaw dropped when he realized what he said. It wasn't him, but it came out from his mouth without any hesitation. His subconscious took over and drive him for several seconds to said that.

Qiren was shocked and was froze in his position with widen eyes and disbelief on what the hell is happening to Yibo. Yibo was tough, strong, and straight, so how did he end up dating another guy? 

"Zufu" grandfather, "When you said 'admit my wrongdoing' is that what you mean? But for me, it's not. It's actually the rightest thing I did in my entire life, he completed me Zufu and I love him so much"

ZHAN WAS PREPARING to go to school when his father that he rarely sees knock into his door. So what does he want? He only remembers Zhan if he has some blind dates for him for the sake of his company.

As he opens the door he gestures his father to come inside. Mr. Xiao roams his eyes to examine Zhan's room, this is his first time entering this room because if he wants to talk to Zhan he just gonna summon him in his office.

Zhan was really confused why is his father came to him, just what the hell does he want?

Zhan was sitting on his desk finishing some drawing and his father was standing beside him. He really doesn't want to entertain him, to be honest.

"A-Zhan" his father called him to get his attention. He looks at the side and looks up to meet his father's eyes.

"How's your school?" He asks.

Zhan rolled his eyes and smirk, "Why are you even asking? When you already know"

Mr. Xiao put his hands into his waist, "I have no choice but to figure it out myself because you never talk to me" he hissed.

"As if there's gonna change when I tell you. And I just need to finish my studies then you'll let me go right? There are only 2 months left before I graduate, and don't worry I'll pay every single penny you spend on me"

"ZHAN!"

His father becomes furious about what Zhan said. Yes, their deal is when Zhan graduates he can do everything he wants, if he wants to leave the house he can go. But Mr. Xiao is not yet ready to let one of his sons go. He maybe not show it but he really does care about his sons and treats them all fairly.

Mr. Xiao steps closer to Zhan and puts his hand in Zhan's cheek and caresses it, Zhan looks away but Mr. Xiao didn't remove his hand on Zhan's cheek. "I know I never become a good father to you. I know you're angry at me, this is why I try not to middle to any of your personal life. But believe me, son, I only want the best for you. Why do you think I didn't let you have a dorm and leave the house? Why do you think I never let you do a part-time job? I'm sorry, but I only want to protect you and took care of you and give you a comfortable life while I still can because I know that you are so eager to leave us."

They stayed silent for several minutes. Mr. Xiao move his hands and patted Zhan's head. While Zhan was still looking away.

"I'll wait until you said it yourself. But to tell you, I already accept you and everything about you, because I am your father and I only want you to be happy"

Zhan looks down and tears were threatening to fall into his eyes, he felt his father sincerity. The calmness and the security feeling of his father's hand in his head are making him happy. He doesn't know why, but for the first time in his life, he wants to hug his father.

Mr. Xiao removes his hand on Zhan's head and walks away, he was about to step out from his room when Zhan talks.

"I am dating someone... It's a guy... He always took care of me, protect me and he loves me and" he looks up to meet his father's gaze, "I love him"

Mr. Xiao smiled at Zhan, "I'll be looking forward to meeting him someday. Be happy my son. Be happy"

Mr. Xiao left Zhan's room and Zhan let out his tears his been holding on. He didn't expect that from his father. Maybe become harsh toward his father from the very start but Mr. Xiao was really a loving father, he just not know how to express it.

And about his other family member? Well, he doesn't really care about them. They can judge him all they want, And he'll still be unbothered.

——————TO BE CONTINUED.

Only 2 chapters left (✿◕‿◕✿) Thank you for reading, hope we'll all meet till the end \(0^◇^0)/