Thamarai Elai Thanneer Pole

Mullai had left to college in Trichy..

Initially she came back home every week..but as her course progressed she had more assignments and projects to complete..she found it easier to complete these work with her friends..the frequency of her visits to Kunnakudi reduced..

Murugan often had to hear an earload from Parvathy..for siding with his daughter..and sending her off to a different town..

The 3 years were soon up and Mullai finished her course...She had won a gold medal and come through with flying colours...

She had done her parents proud...

She was in town for her summer hols and to decide what to do next..

On the other side

Meena who was very much in town kept bumping into Jeeva quite often..The many times she had seen him at the rice mill..he had been quite..very serious and business like..never really looked at her..or so she thought..but she saw him..so many stolen glances..she thought he looked very handsome..so she was busy stealing glances and developing a crush on him..

She had done well in her bachelors as well...Her father was very proud of her..Meena loved her dad and always wanted to see him proud of her..so she put all efforts into doing well..she was naturally intelligent and studies came easily to her..

Once college was over one of her friends invited her for her engagement

At the function Meena was pleasantly surprised to see that Jeeva was friends with her friends elder brother..She was formally introduced to him again..

Friend : Annan ithu yen friend Meena

Friend's Brother : Hello ma..Ithu yen friend Jeeva..Geetha unakku theriyum..ithu ava friend Meena

Jeeva : Hi..Theriyum..Vaniga sanga thalaivar Janardhanan annachi oda ponnu thaane...paarthu irukken..

The small school girl that he had met fleetingly 3 years back stood before him a woman..3 years had brought about a lot of changes in her..nice changes...There was something captivating about her...something about her that pulled him to her

They had a nice time at the engagement..Jeeva seemed very responsible acted like family and did a lot of work..took care of the guests and ensured they all ate..He even was like that with her friends and she saw a very new side to him..She felt more drawn to him..

Around that time

The koil kumbabhishegham was being celebrated like a mini thiruvizha...

Mullai had gone to enjoy the festivities with some of her school friends..

The entire PS family was there also...

Mullai and her friends were standing near a bangle stall...

They were going crazy with all the colourful selection..

They were meeting after a lot of time and generally being loud and making merry..

Friend 1 : ey..solla maranten dee..en veettula enakku maappillai paarkuraanga

Mullai : Paarra..sooper dee..eppo kalyanam

Friend 1 : oru varan vanthu irukku...ellam seriya pona 3 maasathula kalyanam dee..

All friends spoke about this excitedly

Friend 2 : Mullai nee enna de panna pora

Mullai : Masters panna aasai...

Friend 1 : ippudi padichutte ponaa..appo kalyanam

Mullai : (flippantly just like she had told her parents) enakku enna...en pandian maama paiyana thaan naan kalyanam panna poren appuram enna...