Manithan potta Mudichu

In Meena's Bedroom

It had been 3 months since the friend's wedding

Meena had joined Masters in the same college she did bachelor's as well..

She had taken Jeeva's number from her friend a week after the wedding..

But she had resisted the temptation to call him..

She made many visits to the mill hoping to catch a glimpse of him...one such day Moorthy came to place an order and settle accounts as well..

Moorthy : Shanmugham anne...eppudi irukkeeha..

Shanmugham: Vaanga Moorthy..nalla iruken.. neenga? 

Moorthy smiled 

Shanmugham : appuram Jeeva thambi enga aale kaanum

Moorthy : ada ennanne theriale anne...ella velaiyum seivan intha mill velai mattum avanukku yeno pudikkala...romba mushungaraan...athaan naane varathu...

Shanmugham : chinna pasanga thaane seri aayidum...

Meena heard this and felt sad...she was shrewd..she had sensed that something was up and her doubts were cleared today....

She picked up her phone and dialled his number..

At her hostel room in Trichy 

Mullai was in the middle of a paperwork that she needed to complete that week

She had a sudden flash of Kathir angrily speaking to her the other night..

This was not the first time...this had happened many times..but the shock was still the same...It had been close to 10 years since the standoff between the 2 families..except for common functions she had not met anybody from that family...even when they met they basically ignored one another...but she had never experienced that hatred firsthand from anyone..that day in the side of the street was the first time....

Was everyone else also the same...

Till then she had been confident that this effort from their end would set things straight...but now an unknown fear clutched her heart..

What if it didn't? What if this rift never got bridged...

Mullai sat up straight at that thought...

No she wasn't a loser...and this decision of hers was too close to her heart for her to falter..

It will happen...She will be a Pandian Stores Family's daughter - in - law one day..

At the PS Shop

Kathir was lost in thought

Even after 3 months he was unable to forget that incident

He alternated between rage, disgust, wonderment and hatred whenever that incident came to his mind..

Rage...that what he thought was over could restart again

Disgust ...at the thought of renewing ties with that family again in any form

Wonderment...at the confident woman that Mullai was now...and how unfazed she was by his outburst..

Hatred...for the googly that life had thrown their way...things could have been so different if only all those awful things had not happened...

At the same time

Jeeva's phone rang

Jeeva : Hello

Meena : Naan Meena pesaren