Thodangiyathu Sathuranga Aattam

Author's note : This is a more narrative chapter..and a lengthy one and more or less a retelling of the PS story with only minor tweaks here and there..but needed to say this for the flow of the story...

At the PS Home 

The entire house was in a frenzy..

Dhanam was busy preparing breakfast for all..today was her brother's son's mottai and kaathu kuthu function..he had wanted her to come the previous night...but she had told him that she will come early the next day...she had agreed with him what responsibilitied she would be taking on..she had been busy till late in the night preparing sweets and savouries for taking to the function..

All her 3 brothers-in-law helped her....they were her pillars just like she was theirs..

Soon they were ready..Dhanam, Moorthy, Lakshmi, Jeeva and Kanna were to leave first..Kathir was to come for lunch..Kathir preferred it that way...

Dhanam's sister-in-law was related to Mullai's mom..so any function, her family would also be there...he had huge respect for Jega (Dhanam's brother)..so he made it a point to attend for him...but he really disliked how his wife Kasthuri and Mullai's mom ganged up against his Dhanam anni...and it usually ended in a fight...unfortunately for all her good nature..Dhanam and Moorthy were yet to have children of their own...

At Mullai's home

Parvathy and Murugan were getting ready for the function

Mullai was looking forward to it too..She and Akash shared a close bond...but more importantly she knew the PS family would be there..This would be her chance to meet Jeeva and maybe impress him...

But Parvathy had been adamant..no parading around all decked unless her marriage talks had finalised...

They left her behind..

But Mullai had made up her mind to go just to meet her athai's family and reintroduce herself..

She left her house and reached her athai's house..

The animosity she saw in her athai's eyes pulled her spirits down...

But that just meant her work was cutout for her...

Operation Impress PS Family would be put in motion

1. Keep meeting them

2. Let them see how charming and affectionate you are

3. Spend time with Jeeva

4. Get to know Jeeva

5. Impress the family

She was young and confident and she felt all this would be a breeze...

Undeterred by the cold shoulder she went and stood at the busstand..

The bus was late...afraid that she would miss the function all together...she tried to take a lift with someone..

She ran to stop a vehicle..and went stiff when she saw it was Kathir...

Mullai : Kathiru..koilkku thaane pora ennaiyum koottittu poyen

Kathir : yen enakku vera vela ille paaru...

Mullai : kathiru kathiru please Kathiru...please..Akash ennaiya theduvan

Kathir : yeri tholai...

Mullai wanted to start afresh with the entire family and decided to act like the 2 conversations never happened

Kathir was caught offguard by how flippantly she was talking to him given their last 2 interactions...

Morover he liked Akash too..Akash was close to him...so if Akash would be disappointed if she was not there..then he would tolerate her company for the ride to the temple..