EPILOGUE.

EPILOGUE.
a never-ending journey

🔹️🔹️🔹️

"You go on ahead. I'll keep an eye on the kid," I said to Mando, carrying the child on my arm. "I just need a moment."

He replied, "Don't be too long."

He gazed over my face once more before walking away and disappearing inside the Razor Crest. I gently placed the child on the ground as I sat down and stared at the sun in the distance.

I sighed, admiring the sun and its charms. The sun reminded me of how no real journies were really over -- there were still so many mysteries and secrets to unfold; memories to share; more enemies and allies to meet. But most importantly, there were people I had to protect.

The child cooed up at me, interrupting my thoughts. I looked down at him as he touched my left arm with his tiny hands. I gently took his hands off my arm.

"Yeah, buddy, I know." I smiled, ruffling the tiny hairs on the top of his head with my hand. "It'll heal soon.. it has to."

The child climbed onto my lap and stared up at me. His tiny hands reached up for the Mandalorian necklace that was dangling from my neck. I shifted my gaze onto the necklace and chuckled.

"You want this?" I asked, taking the necklace off and placing it in the palm of my hand. The child gurgled as he touched the mythosaur emblem. "You know what? Mando would want you to have it."

I placed the necklace over his head and looped it around his neck once to make sure it wouldn't fall off. I stared at the child, surprised at how adorable he looked with the necklace on. I laughed, picking him up and cradling him in my arm.

"Speaking of Mando, we should probably head inside -- come on, let's go." I said, standing up.

I glanced at the sun and at Kuiil's grave one last time before walking away towards the Razor Crest; leaving behind the memories that were made in the planet of Nevarro.

🔹️🔹️🔹️

"Miss me?"

I walked into the control room, placing the child on his seat. I brushed my hand against Mando's shoulders as I made my way over to the other passenger seat.

"I don't know," Mando began powering up the spacecraft. "I kinda liked having this space all to myself."

"Oh, come on!" I chuckled, sitting down on the passenger seat. "You know you did."

Just then, we were interrupted by the sounds of the child's soft squelching. Mando and I turned around in our chairs to face the child. Mando leaned back in his chair.

"What do you got there?" He asked in a soft tone, watching the child suck on a necklace. Mando leaned forward, gently taking the necklace out of the child's mouth. Mando stared at the mythosaur necklace's emblem. He muttered under his breath, "I didn't think I'd see this on him.."

I spoke up, "I just thought.. that the child should have it instead."

"Oh," Mando replied, handing the necklace back to the child. With a nod of his head, he said to the child, "Then you should hang on to that." Mando turned back around in his chair to face the control panel. He tilted his head to the left and asked me, "All set?"

"You know my answer," I said as he pressed some more of the buttons on the panel.

"Of course I do." He responded. After placing his hands over the steering controls, he began to pilot the ship out of Nevarro.