Chapter 3

"Neeks." Jason said out of nowhere. They'd been sat in silence on the train to Hogwarts for over half an hour, once Hermione, Ron, and Draco had gone for their perfecting duties. Will wasn't entirely sure what unholy gymnastics
Piper and Annabeth were pulling to keep the four of them carefully curled up in their corner, but he was in no room to question it since Nico was balancing very precariously in his lap.

"Yeah?" Nico looked up from where his head had been tucked under Will's chin.

"How come you didn't bring Reyna? I mean obviously I'm glad the four of us weren't separated, but Reyna's your other best friend, right?" He played with Annabeth's hair absently.

Nico grinned at him. "Oh, because everyone at Hogwarts things I'm vaguely cool and that would instantly be destroyed if every time I threatened someone my big sister was stood behind me glaring at them whilst every weapon in a thirty foot vicinity levitated and pointed at them." He tucked himself back under Will's chin. "It's already bad enough with my hot doctor boyfriend reciting every joint he could dislocate with his bare hands, and it's gonna be even worse with my big brothers threateningly calling down storms." Jason absolutely beamed when Nico said that, little golden sparks jumping off his skin.

The electricity didn't even wake Percy, the guy just made a noise of discontent and twisted slightly, before relaxing again when Piper started carding her fingers through his hair.

"Plus Hecate told us specifically that Reyna couldn't come because Hekate and Bellona are falling out right now." Will added.

Annabeth's brow creased slightly. "Reyna hasn't mentioned anything like that."

Nico shrugged. "She didn't tell me much about it either, but I don't think her and her mom are super close. Plus she wouldn't want to be away from Thalia and New Rome for long."

Jason nodded slowly. "How come you didn't bring Reyna and Thals, though?"

Nico raised an eyebrow. "Uh, because they would actually take over the entire school? Annabeth and Piper still like men enough to be as useless as the rest of us, but Thalia and Reyna would be genuinely unstoppable."

Ginny laughed. "Did you really just say that an interest in dick is what stops most people from accomplishing things?"

Will grinned at her. "It's a valid argument. Straight men, lesbians, and people on the ace spectrum will get a job done much faster than anyone else."

"Everything about that makes me want to call bullshit, but pretty much all of the Athena cabin are on the ace spectrum, and we're way more efficient than pretty much anyone else." Annabeth remarked, looking pretty frustrated about it.

"Whereas Nico and I are only interested in dick and we are the least efficient people we know." Seamus chimes in.

Nico gasped and looked at him in betrayal as everyone else laughed. "How could you?" He clutched his chest dramatically.

He just shrugged. "All I'm sayin' is if you skipped some of the dramatic entrances and exits, everything would probably move a little bit faster for you."

Dean looked up. "And if Seamus stopped trying to turn every drink he came across into rum, everything would probably move faster for him."

Seamus just nodded, like that was totally a fair assessment, which, Harry had to admit, was true.

Luna shifted slightly. "How efficient are..ace lesbians?" She asked quietly.

After a beat Annabeth smiled brilliantly at her. "So much more efficient than literally anyone else." She replied, conspiratorially, like they were sharing a secret. "My sister is gay and ace, and she's even more efficient than I am. One time she beat me in a stop the clock quiz, even though she's fourteen."