One sided date

Everything was going okay. The fight was kinda forgotten. Niall and Harry had asked each other out. My mom and sisters had returned. Niall, Harry and Nick helped in clearing the mess after the party. I was in still in a shock at that time so they offered to clean. I owe them. Zayn and Ed took care of Louis. I was over the heartbreak thing with Louis. Everything was fine. But these fucking exams had to come and ruin it. Ugh!!!

"So Liam, are you prepared? I am and I feel like the most intelligent person right now!!" asked Niall as he came over to me. "Shut up kid. Stop being so ego-full.", "EGO-FULL!! Liam. What kinda word is that. It doesn't exist. I still don't understand why you have taken literature." Niall said with a laugh. I rolled my eyes and ignored him.

My head was running with thoughts. Thoughts of Zayn. Will he talk to me again? Will I meet him again? I skipped school til the day of the exams. I didn't come because I wanted to study and if I had seen Louis at that time, I would have broke again. That was my recovering point and seeing your disease at that time is not good. My mom and sisters had helped me through my break up. A lot. I owe them too.

But Zayn. I didn't meet him again. Like I said, I skipped school. I was too afraid to ask Harry about him. And I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell Niall about my crush. But will I see Zayn again? Will he talk to me again?

As if to answer my thoughts, Zayn came up to me and asked, "Hey Liam. How are ya doing? Haven't seen you for a while.". I smiled. For the first time in this week, I smiled. "I am fine. Still on that Louis thing but I am doing good. How are you and your preparation?".

"I am fine and yea. Preparations are good. It's a while I have touched me books." Zayn replied with a laugh. I chuckled. And here I thought he's a nerd.

(Skip after exams)

"How was it mate?" Zayn asked as we left the hall. "It was good.". I heard him clear his throat and say, "Uh. Liam. I was thinking maybe if we can catch up? Like for lunch?". Wow. Was he asking me on a date?! No Liam. He is straight, remember? "Yea. Sure. I'd love to.". Zayn waved and walked away leaving me in my thoughts.

"Hiya dude!! How was the exam?" Harry asked. "It was fine. How was yours?". "It went well. Better than expected. And what is going on that head of yours?" he eyed me suspiciously. Is this man some kind of mind-reader or what?!

"Uhm. I-uh. It's. It's just... Zayn asked if we could catch up. I am just thinking why all of a sudden?" I stuttered. Harry cocked his eyebrow and said, "Ooh someone is crushing on Lili..". "Shut up. He is straight.". He just laughed and said, "Oh love, I know hundreds of men who claim to be straight but is gay. But I'll leave it to you. Have a good day. And don't keep your date waiting!! Be a gentleman!!" with that he left.

It can't be a date. Could it be? No Liam. No. It's not a date. Or is it?

(Skip to date/coffee)

"Hey. You ready?" Zayn asked as he saw Liam exiting the hall. "Yes. Let's go".

"So, Liam. Are you dating someone right now?" Zayn asked sipping his cappuccino. "Nope. After Louis cheated on me, I really couldn't trust anyone. Like he made me have trust issues." Liam shrugged. "Oh. Sorry bout that." Zayn said apologetically. "It's okay. What about you?" Liam asked. "Do you think if I was dating I would have kissed you?" Zayn replied making Liam laugh.

Liam, after the awkward silence between them, finally asked, "How's Louis?". Zayn was shocked by his question but answered nevertheless, "Uh. He's fine. I told his mum about what he did and his mum is really dissapointed with him. She apologized for Louis.". "Hmm. I don't find that surprising. Jay and I had a great bond between us. I really liked her. Too bad her son ruined it." Liam said. "Yeah. Even I am shocked and dissapointed. Louis told me a different story.".

"What did he say?" Liam asked cocking his eyebrows. "He said that you stopped taking care of him and ignored him. Also that you flirted with other guys. So, he cheated on you. Like the guy he found was pretty angelic.". Liam was taken aback by all of this. "Funny cuz he cheated with four guys on me and he was the one who ignored me at times and flirted with others. Bitch.".

"So, Zayn. Tell me about you. Where are you from?". "Bradford.".
"Any siblings? "
"3 sisters. Wahliya, Doniya, and Safaa."
"Wow. What made you the step-brother of Louis? If you don't mind."
"I don't. My parents got divorced and dad remarried Jay."
"Oh. Sorry."
"Don't be. I am happy that they split. I was tired from all of the shouting at the house.".

They chatted for a while. And to be honest Liam felt different. Different from all of the dates he has been before. Although this is not a date. He didn't feel like this when he met Louis. Or when he met his previous partners. Liam liked the way he talked, smiled, laughed, sassed and everything else he did. It was the first time he felt like this. Whenever he met Zayn's honey orbs, he got lost in them. He seemed to love his meaningless tattoos. He sometimes couldn't listen what Zayn was saying because he was so drunk up at Zayn's lips. He found his lips so perfect. The light pink color and perfectly shaped.

Unfortunately, time had to pass. It was time Liam and Zayn left for home. It was getting dark.

"It was a pleasure talking to you, Liam." Zayn said with a smile. "Pleasure is all mine. I hope we meet again." Liam got up placing the bills, along with Zayn. They had a fight about who was paying and Liam won. "Sure. I'd love to."

"So. See mate. Don't miss me too much." Zayn said. Liam chuckled and said, "I will try not to. See ya.". They waved and went their own ways.

Liam James Payne, are you falling in love?! You can't. Remember how Michael and Louis cheated on you? What if Zayn does too? What if everything messes up and you lose him as a friend? What if Zayn doesn't like you back? Ugh. I can't fall in love, I can't fall in love, I. Shit. I am falling for that Zayn kind of guy. Liam's head flooded with thoughts.

Shitty chapter I know. But I am having exams and I am kind of sick so this is all I could do. 🤷🤷

BTW, this is unedited so if I did some mistakes here, don't hesitate to correct me.

Have a good day or night. xx❤