(7)

Chicago, Illinois

They appear at the front of a apartment building. It's side was covered in a painted mural. It was cold and slushy snow covered their feet.

"Chicago?" Sam frowned. "Huh"

"Her place is at the top, second room on the left" Persephone explained.

"Hey, um Perri?" Dean called.

"Perri?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Hope that's okay because, I can't remember how to pronounce your name. But isn't Stephanie supposed to be dead? Or at-least hospitalised" He wondered.

"Yes, I am aware- we will have to be quiet" She nodded. With another the Winchester's found them self transported in the room. Outside the apartment. "I will go into the room with Sam, find a few of her belongings, Dean and Cass you can talk to Ryan" She stated.

"Ryan is the roommate?" Cass asked, she nodded. "sounds like a plan, try and not make to much noise there"

"You won't even know that we're there" Sam smiled.

"But they do know we're there" Perri raised an eyebrow confusedly. Her and Castiel shared a look.

"Humans" He shook his head before her and Sam left the hallway.

"Since when did she start calling the shots?" Dean asked. "And since when do you make humans jokes"

"Since I found someone to joke with. Plus she's very attractive" Castiel explained and getting a nod from Dean in a 'fair enough' way. He raised his hand and knocked on the door.

They waited for a moment before someone opened it. It the roommate Ryan, dressed in a buttoned up pant suit and aggravated expression. Dean spoke first.

"Hello, ma'am we're with the FBI we wondered if you could answer a few questions about your roommate Stephanie" Both of them raised their badges.

"I don't have much time but sure, fine" She widened the door and allowed them in. The apartment was well kept, well furnished and what you'd expect from two women in their late twenties/early thirties.

"How long did Stephanie live here?" Castiel asked first, as they scouted in the apartment. He looked up on the walls, seeing we're bare hooks sat coming out the wall, a square of discolouration.

"She was born just outside Illinois, she lived here before I did. I was her first roommate, after two years of living alone, so around thirteen years. She moved in when she turned eighteen" Ryan explained extensively.

Dean nodded and continued with questioning.
"How well did you both get along?"

"Very well, she was nice, offer you a pop every time she was at the fridge, give you ten bucks for a cab, a real  for the people kinda person" Ryan answered. "I think the only time we argued was when she'd spilt paint on the carpet or forget to unload the dishwasher" Ryan sighed gently.

"So you were close?" Cass asked, turning from the wall and looking at her intently. Ryan leaned against her kitchen counter, a strange expression filled her.