3

EUNJUNG

After consuming my food, I left the convenience store. I was lazily walking back to my apartment, my eyes almost falling from the sleepiness I was feeling. I thought eating would help me gain energy, but it made me even more sleepy.

I'm sorry, Scott. Mommy needs to sleep for now.

I yawned as I pushed the door to enter my lonely apartment. A part of me felt guilty when I realize that Scott wasn't there to welcome me home. I went straight to my bedroom to change to my pajamas, but I felt thirsty so I went back to the kitchen and poured water for myself.

I suddenly remembered that the buckle collar has a tag attached to it. My name was engraved on the tag, with my contact details and even my apartment's address. If a kind soul found Scott, he would notice the tag because it's size is big enough to notice at one glance.

I checked my phone for calls or even texts but there wasn't any. Feeling tired and worn off, I went to bed with a heavy heart.

I woke up to the sound of my ringing phone. Flabbergasted, I searched for my phone on my bedside table without even moving an inch from my sleeping position.

"What time is it?" I murmured, my lips feeling dry.

I checked my phone and read the caller ID.

"Heol." I immediately ran to the shower, taking my clothes off and turning on the shower without even testing the temperature.

"Cold, cold, cold." I chanted as I grabbed my shower gel from the rack.

I'm so dead. I overslept and now my boss is calling like mad woman. I was supposed to open the store, but I think she opened it already. I'm already late for two hours. Heol.

I went out, hastily drying my hair with the towel. I opened my closet and just randomly pulled a top and denim jeans. My socks don't even match but I didn't bother to find a new pair. My hair was still drenched and droplets of water were on the floor.

"Aish, jinjja!" I cursed as I struggled to put on my black sneakers.

I went outside, running my way to the main road to find a taxi. The store is near but I need to go there as soon as possible.

"Sajangnim!" I shouted when I arrived at the store, my hair still messy and wet, my face without even a trace of powder.

She turned to me, her brow shot up and her lips protruding. Her hands were on her waist, her body tensed.

"CHOI EUNJUNG!" She shouted and I winced at her high-pitched voice.

I bowed repetitively, "Jeosonghabnida, Sajangnim. Jeosonghabnida!"

"You're two hours late! What do you think you're doing?! Do I have to open my store by myself when I pay you to do it?!" She asked, her hands shaking in frustration.

I giggled, "Thank you for opening it for me, Sajangnim. You're really great."

She scoffed, "Mwo?! YA!"