5

EUNJUNG

I woke up to a wonderful smell. My whole apartment was enveloped with the smell of breakfast and it made my stomach grumble. I slowly rose fron the sofa, my eyes still closed as I scratched my right cheek. What time is it?

"Good morning." A voice suddenly spoke from the kitchen.

I opened my eyes, rays of sunlight grazing from the white curtains of my living room. I turned to see who it was and I was suddenly awake.

"Heeyoung-ssi!" I said, struggling to stand up from the sofa.

"I cooked breakfast." She said, her smile wide and bright.

I nodded, still dumbfounded, "I'll just wash my face."

She smiled and started to arrange plates on my small dining table. She's wearing a different shirt and shorts, her hair was damp. I think she already took a bath.

I quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth. I combed my hair quickly before checking my appearance on the mirror. I feel so ashamed that she saw my morning face.

"Take a seat," She gently said, motioning for the chair of the dining table.

There were a lot of side dishes on the table. I almost gasped when I noticed how well-prepared each dish was.

"I-I'm sorry, did you buy the ingredients? I haven't bought my groceries yet." I mumbled, my eyes still on the dishes.

She nodded, "Yeah, I saw your pantry. I also bought extra, so you can cook some for yourself later."

I was in shock with her kindness. I kept on staring at the dishes she prepared when I heard her say, "Are you allergic to something? I'm so sorry. These are only the dishes I could cook."

I immediately shook my head, "No, it's fine. It's just my first time to see my table this full."

She chuckled, "Why? You don't know how to cook?"

I smiled shyly, "I'm still learning, Eonni."

"Arasseo." She smiled. "Shall we eat?"

I just nodded as my response and we started to enjoy the food she cooked. I was so shy because I was unable to hide my amusement with the taste of every dish. It was very well-done. Not even the cook and chefs from the mansion served something this delicious.

"How's your hangover, Eonni?" I asked as I took a slice of the scrambled egg.

"I'm so sorry for causing trouble." She said. "I'm feeling better now."

I smiled cheekily, "Ani, it's totally fine, Eonni. I'm happy to help."

She let out an awkward chuckle, "Uh, did I say anything last night?"

Should I tell her?

"Nope." I smiled. "You were really passed out."

"O-Oh," She chuckled again, scratching the back of her neck.

We continued to eat but her phone suddenly buzzed. I continued eating and didn't mind.

"I'll just take this, continue eating, okay?" She said, a gentle smile on her lips.