4

EUNJUNG

"What if she pushes me away?" I asked, biting my lips.

I've been staring at the printed photo of my neighbor, Kim Heeyoung for almost half an hour. Do Kyungsoo wants me to look after her, because technically she's not doing well.

"Is she sick?" I asked, wandering my eyes around the store to find Kyungsoo.

He came out from one of the aisles, his heart-shaped lips pursed, "No."

I nodded, "Are you his cousin? Family member?"

Kyungsoo went back to the stool, a book on his hand. Why is he still here anyway? I sighed as I looked at Scott on a mat I prepared for him from the storage room.

"No," He timidly replied again.

I met his gaze, "Why don't you look after her? And why are you so obsessed with getting someone to watch over her?"

He didn't respond. Instead, he opened the book he was holding. He was struggling as his other hand was injured. Why isn't he wearing an arm sling?

"I can't look after her. She hates me." He said, shrugging.

"She hates you? Waeyo? Are you her ex boyfriend?" I asked, my eyes fixated on the guy sitting on a stool.

He looks majestic with the sunlight lightly grazing a small part of his face. He looks really soft and comforting. His clothes were simple and effortless. It had a minimalist approach.

"Stop staring at me, and no, I'm not his ex boyfriend." He said, his gaze still on the old pages of the book he was reading.

I shrugged, "I enjoy looking at beautiful people."

Finally, his eyes were on me. They look really sparkly and wide. They look deep and expressive. His lashes were long too and his brows were thick. He has a confused expression on his face, his heart-shaped lips lightly open.

Wow. He really looks like an angel.

"Hajima. You're creeping me out." He said, his tone full of warning.

I chuckled, "Do Kyungsoo-ssi, why are you still here?"

He clicked his tongue, "Because you haven't agreed with my offer yet."

"Offer?" I asked. "Sounds more like a blackmail for me."

He laughed humorlessly, "Then call it a blackmail."

I rolled my eyes, "We haven't even formally introduced each other yet."

He stood up and went closer to the counter. He bowed lightly and with a sarcastic expression, said, "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Do Kyungsoo. Is that okay?"

I shrugged, "I guess. Heol. I can't believe I'm talking to you right now."

He asked with a bored expression, "Why? Are you a fan?"

I shook my head, "Not really. Just saw you on television for a few times."

He nodded, "You saw me, yet when we bumped into each other last night, you had the audacity to call me a gangster?"

My eyes widened when he mentioned the incident. I was trying to avoid talking about it because it's so humiliating.

"I'm sorry. I didn't recognize you because of your mask and cap." I said, trying my best to explain gently to him.

"Okay." Was all he said after returning his gaze on the book.

We were suddenly quiet and I find silence really uncomfortable so I thought of something to talk about.