Chapter 5: [A kidnapper. In the town and night falls]

In the curious village, Ramon hasn't returned, this was a problem for Ariel.
first, Baron's nephew was killed and now she has to deal with a kidnapper who now runs through the village.
She was getting really irritated and stressed at the moment, she couldn't imagine what would happen if her sister or Layton or Luke were kidnapped...She needs to stop this, she needs to find the killer who had killed Simon and the kidnapper.
All they know is that there are some disappearances of villagers and the explosion, this was rumored to emanate from the tower above.
They need to visit the local café for more information.

Professor Layton: -Walks over to Adrea-
"I'm sorry, young lady, could you help us?
We're looking for someone, you see,
and—"

Adrea: "Sorry, can't help you.
And by 'can't', I mean 'don't want to'.
I've barely even talked to Ramon, and I am SO not interested in this search.
Hee hee hee hee!"

Luna: -Looks at her with a irritable face-
"(Are you joking, right?)"

Adrea: "But! Maybe if you helped me solve this puzzle, I just might, you know, remember something. Tee hee."

Ariel: -Walks over Adrea a little bit angry-
"And just who do you think you are,
young lady?!"

Adrea: "Tee hee hee!
Y'know, I've heard that if you aren't careful walking around St. Mystere at night, you can run into trouble.
I bet Ramon wasn't being careful..."
-Walks off-

-in the Plaza of the town-

Gerard: "Oh goodness, whatever shall I do?"

Ariel: "What seems to be the problem, sir?"

Gerard: "Let's see here. Strong, young, detective and you look like you have a good back. Oh, thank heavens you came along!"

Ariel: "Uh...I beg your pardon, sir?"

Gerard: "I've searched everywhere, and I just can't find the thing.
Oh, I suppose I must've dropped it when I was out strolling by the park this afternoon. I would go search for it myself, but it's gotten dark out."

Luke: "It IS awfully scary out there!"

Gerard: "Bah, Nothing of the sort!
It's just that, well, I'm no spring chicken anymore, and my eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be. So how about it, sonny?
Will you help out an old man and go search in front of the park for me?"

Luke: -Looks in shock-
"What?! But we are in the middle of our investigations right now..."

Professor Layton: "Now, now, Luke.
Not need to be rude. After all, the park is but a small ways away."

Ariel: "The Professor's right, Luke.
And who knows, we might actually find some new information to aid our case there. Besides, helping those in need is the duty of any detective, even for a gentleman like Layton."

Gerard: "Splendid! I'll wait right here for you to come back. I'm counting on you."

Luna: "One more detail, please, sir.
What exactly did you drop?"

Gerard: "Drop? I...Oh my, now what WAS it? Errrm...Oh, that's right. It was my match, actually, my BEST wristwatch. Bring it back for me, sonny"

The investigation continues for the group even when night falls on St. Mystere. They were heading to the cafe through the passage under the clock tower when they met Gerard, who is in trouble. Gerard says he dropped something of great value near the park, but is afraid to venture alone at night.
As Ariel and Layton tell Luke and Luna, a gentleman or a detective is helping those around them, so they have offered to help in the search.
They started walking towards the Gate Park and, to their surprise, they had met Deke, who was a little tired.