Chapter 5

Beyonce Giselle Knowles

"Kehlani?" I called out to my assistant from my back office.

"Yes Bey?" She appeared in the doorway.

"Anything yet?"

"Nope," She gave me a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry. Maybe he just needs more time."

"It's been two weeks since I got back home, I just want him to speak to me." I explained.

It's been two weeks since I arrived back in Houston and Shawn hasn't spoken to me since our little discussion when he saw Nicki in the bed with me. Even though I was fully clothed and laying on top of the blanket where as Nicki was underneath it, he felt betrayed by me. I understand why but he won't listen to the truth.

"I know Bey, he will soon. You know how men are, he thinks you hurt his ego. It's going to be alright." She blew me an air kiss and went back to the front of the store.

I sighed and sat back in my chair watching the clock. After about 20 minutes of wasting my time, I figured it would be best to keep working and get back on track.

It was about 1 and I didn't have any appointments for the rest of the day so I decided roll up while looking for somewhere to
order food from.

Taking out my supplies, I began my task diligently.

"Hey do you want to order food?" I called out, but I got no response. I began to look in my desk drawer for take out menus. "Lani did you hear-"

"Hey." A familiar voice that wasn't the one I was expecting replied back. I looked up from my backwood and was met with Nicki's face. I instantly smiled and got up to greet her.

"Hey sweetness, how are you feeling?" We embraced each other, sitting down on the couch in the room.

"I'm okay. I just got bored sitting at the house..." I looked her over carefully reading into her. She seemed like she was hiding something.

"Are you sure that's all?" I inquired.

"Yeah, just when will you be home?"

"I was going to come home after the store closed today since its just Lani working the front."

"Oh, okay..." Nicki nodded.

Today was the first day that I worked in the office since we've arrived back, which inherently leaves Nicki home alone when I'm gone. It was a test run to see how she would react. I was a little worried at first, but now she seems to be perking up.

In these last couple weeks, Nicki and I have became friends but I'm still developing a secure bond with her to gain her trust. Two weeks ago, I packed up my stuff and we left New York together and she had nothing with her, so I got her all new everything and tried to make the transition as seamless as possible. She had about fifteen thousand dollars in the bank from doing make up, but I told her to just keep it stored away. 

The music from the front of the store floated back into my office, leaving whispers of melodic voices in the air.

"How has Puddles been with just you at home? He wasn't doing too much right?"  I asked.

One of the great things about having Nicki at my house during the day was I didn't have to pay $1000 a month for doggy daycare.

"Yeah! He's definitely no problem. I actually like tossing with him  in the yard." She nodded .

"Good."

"Bey?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you. For everything. You saved me with no hesitation and I really needed that." She looked down at floor.